For those who got snow on the ground already.

Options
2»

Replies

• mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    cold speeds up metabolism your body uses more energy to keep warm

So it burns more calories? :happy:

Yup! Did you ever see that episode of Big Bang Theory when Sheldon points out that they have to eat 5000 calories a day just to maintain their bodyweight when they go on a n expedition to Antarctica?

* Its a nerdy comedy about mid-20’s physicists/roommates if you haven't seen it, youtube it!

alright who wants to take a trip to antartica :flowerforyou: i think thats why shoveling snows burns ajillion calories your body works harder to keep warm
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Our landlord does all the shoveling..kinda strict about it I guess.
  • ChantalC1969
    ChantalC1969 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I go for a walk outside almost everyday. With the snow we get here, I use my pair of ''COW FUR BOOTS'' ..!!! Those are the warmest boots I ever had. I had a pair since I was a kid but I got a new pair 15 years ago and they still look like new. I just changed the inside foam once. They are expensive but all worth it.
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    Meh, I'm gonna go for a walk! Wish me luck! I'll let you guys know how it went when I get back :)
  • dewoods
    dewoods Posts: 148
    Options
    No real snow here yet. I just decided to run on the treadmill instead. First time I've done that in years. I found it to be harder than running on the road, etc. even at the same pace.
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    Very eventful whilst walking my dog :) I saw a ice patch, well, needless to say, my shoe got soaked :P, We also met a doggy friend, and I found a penny on the ground! :D Lol!
    Anyways,
    wanted to thank you all for making me get off my *kitten* and get moving :P
    I feel a ton better! :flowerforyou:
  • Yarnpiggie
    Options
    cold speeds up metabolism your body uses more energy to keep warm

So it burns more calories? :happy:

Yup! Did you ever see that episode of Big Bang Theory when Sheldon points out that they have to eat 5000 calories a day just to maintain their bodyweight when they go on a n expedition to Antarctica?

* Its a nerdy comedy about mid-20’s physicists/roommates if you haven't seen it, youtube it!

alright who wants to take a trip to antartica :flowerforyou: i think thats why shoveling snows burns ajillion calories your body works harder to keep warm

You apparently don't know what else they did to keep warm... hee

My issue with going out for walks right now is that d*** wind! If it is warmer I can bring myself to go out in it, but I can't go out without my dog. Okay I can, but I won't, and she is only 5 pounds on her fat days. I don't want to turn my dog into a kite!

The other issue, that I need to work on getting over, is now when I get home it is dark... I get a little creeped out going for walks in the dark. I live in a decent neighborhood, and I can walk along a fairly busy street, but there is still something about it that creeps me right out.

And yes... I COULD get up and go before work, but I am fairly certain the dog would actually kill me in my sleep if I did that. She is more of a late sleeper than I am (and she is still a puppy! yay for dogs that like to sleep in...lol!)
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    And yes... I COULD get up and go before work, but I am fairly certain the dog would actually kill me in my sleep if I did that. She is more of a late sleeper than I am (and she is still a puppy! yay for dogs that like to sleep in...lol!)
    [/quote]

They exist??????????????, dogs that lie in?????????????????? please tell my two! they do everything in their power to get me up in the dark! I am jealous
  • Yarnpiggie
    Options

They exist??????????????, dogs that lie in?????????????????? please tell my two! they do everything in their power to get me up in the dark! I am jealous
    [/quote]

lol true story! I get her out at 6am to do her thing, many days, and once she is done she comes back in and goes back to bed. On weekends she glares at me if I get out of bed before 8am. I am afraid to get another dog for fear that this will change. lol