UK Snow question

navstar
navstar Posts: 113 Member
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
O.K so its been snowing since Monday night here in Birmingham UK,and as a nation we are not used to the white stuff, and we have no idea how to cope with it.

So I was hoping MFPers from colder places that have regular snow could help with a few things:

1) Does walking in the snow burn more calories than normal?
2) how many calories do you burn when walking home from the nursery (preschool) with your 3 year old, you slip and fall, the 3 year old takes advantage and throws snow on you, you get the giggles and are unable to get up for about 10mins?
3) are there any calories in the smell of hot chocolate?
4) why does my snow angel look more like a snow devil? (Ok so i drew in the tail and pitchfork with a stick!!)

Replies

• gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    I dont have any answers even though I am sitting here with 25 inches of snow on the ground. But it seems to me you should burn calories for having a good sense of humor. as far as laughing goes...
    "The researchers discovered that laughing increased both heart rate and calorie expenditure by up to 20 per cent – and the longer participants laughed for the greater the effects."
  • adkmountainguy
    adkmountainguy Posts: 50 Member
    Walking in the snow definitely burns more calories. Particularly if it's uphill both ways with no shoes...
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    ha ha ha love it!

yes you get more calories for walking in snow - i booked mine as walking uphill coz it is much harder work!
    you dont get calories for laying on the ground not even if you are giggling ;)
    actually writiing h@t ch@c@l@te eats up your calorie allowance, let alone smelling it, go careful!

Devil sounds about right!!!!! enjoy the snow I hear it isnt going anywhere just yet! I am going to Norwich oon monday and was not planning on being in the snow - i was soooooo looking forward to runnning on the flat - i live in the mountains here in france so am either walking or running uphill or downhill, ooh i would like to try on the flat.......
  • Jess116
    Jess116 Posts: 57 Member
    LOL, you definitely burn more calories walking in snow!
  • kitujainen
    kitujainen Posts: 143 Member
    3) a lot of smells are really taste
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    I would think walking in snow would burn more calories as it`s harder.Sounds like you are enjoying the white stuff.
    have fun!!
This discussion has been closed.