So Frustrated, Gluten Free Dairy Free Diet

Options
13»

Replies

• fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the feedback, just wanted to comment about the egg being dairy free. When I went to my gastroenterologist she told me a common thought is that eggs are dairy free but they are not. I never asked what in the eggs are not dairy free or how they are not dairy free but they do have egg substitute that I use.

Your gastroenterologist believes that eggs come from the mammary glands of mammals like cows, sheep or goats? :shock:

Your gastroenterologist is wrong ...eggs are not dairy

Are you allergic to eggs? That's different

THIS^^
    Are you personally allergic to dairy and gluten? Or are you trying to figure out if you are by cutting them out? Just curious.
    If not, you don't need to cut these things out.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    The issue is if you can't have gluten or dairy a lot of the foods are made with carbs in them.

Does not compute. If you can't eat gluten you should probably wind up eating fewer carbs since you can't have wheat and other carb sources.

Put more meat in your diet. Tofu, beans, avocado, fish, beans, nuts, lentils, fish, things like that.

This is a good point but a lot of stuff that is gluten free do have carbs and as I was driving today I was thinking to myself about how hard it is for me to actually digest complex carbohydrates like pasta. I can't even digest gluten free pasta most anyway. The only one recently that I have been able to handle is the quinoa dream gluten free pasta.

Thanks so much everyone for your feedback because I am writing it all down. I am definitely going to put more protein in my diet and I have been tested for celiac and it has come back negative. My PCP was the one who told me to go gluten free for 4-6 wks and then try eating something with a little bit of gluten and he said if I do get very sick than that is another way of telling if I have a gluten sensitivity and sure enough I felt very nausea and sick.

Just saw this post...so you had a reaction? That sucks! I'm so glad I don't have any food allergies.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian and low dairy and no gluten....just throw in a dairy-gluten free protein shake once a day. Problem solved.

Any suggestions on the dairy- gluten free protein shake because I have looked at some and they haven't been tasety at all.

Soy, brown rice, pea protein...soy is my favorite
  • cuteypolice
    cuteypolice Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I wanted to stop by and say thank you to everyone who has replied. Since I began this thread I have found ways to cut down my carbs and eat healthier, but haven't lost any weight yet :( . I began cross fit which on the three days I workout I am starving and go over my calorie intake and am struggling to figure out how not too. I will graciously take any advice on that!! <3
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I wanted to stop by and say thank you to everyone who has replied. Since I began this thread I have found ways to cut down my carbs and eat healthier, but haven't lost any weight yet :( . I began cross fit which on the three days I workout I am starving and go over my calorie intake and am struggling to figure out how not too. I will graciously take any advice on that!! <3

I will throw in my questions again, do you use a food scale and can you open your food diary to the public. If you are always starving its a good chance you aren't eating the right types of foods to keep you full.
  • cuteypolice
    Options
    Hi My food diary is open to the public and I have not used a food scale but do measure everything
  • cuteypolice
    Options

I will throw in my questions again, do you use a food scale and can you open your food diary to the public. If you are always starving its a good chance you aren't eating the right types of foods to keep you full.

Im sorry I thought my food diary was open to the public I just changed the setting so it is available for public view. Thanks
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I suspect you aren't losing because you aren't using a food scale, don't log every day and use quick adds. It's no big deal, just recognize it and address it.

Here is what I would suggest.

1. Buy a food scale. Solids should be weighed with a scale, liquids with spoons. There can be huge difference between a cup of fruit vs their weight.
    2. Don't use quick adds - if possible try to break out all the ingredients if possible
    3. I would reduce carbs to increase protein and fat
    4. Logging daily is very important.

Also, if you post your height, weight, workout routine and if you have any medical conditions we can evaluate your calories and provide you a plan of where to start.