Scale up, dress size down!

superwmn
superwmn Posts: 936
edited September 22 in Success Stories
I felt like I was getting smaller even though the scale has me up a pound or two for a few weeks now.

For whatever reason, I pulled out the old size 4 jeans. Dusted them off. Put them on. Zipped them up. BEHOLD! THEY FIT! Not 'they're on' but they actually fit. I will be leaving the house in them on Friday for casual day at the office.

Last time I wore these jeans, I was a good 7-10lbs lighter.

Moral: The scale is only one tool to gage success. I totally could have let the number on the scale drag me down, but I know how great I feel and know that I'm living a healthy lifestyle. There was no reason to let the scale rob me of feeling great about myself. Now that my sanity has been validated, I'm extra glad I didn't give the scale any power to dictate how I feel about myself because,no matter what the scale says, I'm still reducing in size.

Charmagne

Replies

• vaavamom1
    vaavamom1 Posts: 136 Member
    congrats :happy:
    i have not lost any weight till now ,but i can see my collar bone yeah :laugh:
  • frenchie3579
    frenchie3579 Posts: 5 Member
    Great post, Charmagne - and a timely reminder that there is indeed more than one way of measuring success. Well done on your amazing weight loss :drinker:
  • Pedro_Infante
    Pedro_Infante Posts: 116 Member
    Great job!
    Right off the bat that tells me your eating the right foods to burn fat and your workouts are packing on muscle.
    You are a superwoman!
  • thats so encouraging, an well done!!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    thats so encouraging, an well done!!

Your profile photo always makes me so hungry! I LOVE fresh fruit!!!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Great motivation!!! Keep going strong!!!
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    well done :D
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    I wish more people would pay attention to things like that! I cannot name the number of times people have cried over the scale not moving and I always have the same answer... TAKE MEASUREMENTS!! The weeks that my weight doesn't drop on the scale seems to be the same weeks that the inches literally just fall off! It's good to see people like you who understand that lower weight isn't always the defining factor of success.

CONGRATS!
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Congrats girl. Can't wait to get into my size two's! You are right about the scale though. I feel like a total hypocrite for saying this though. I used to live by the scale. I've been doing better though.

Remember. On friday, Strut it!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Thanks for posting this hun. I'm of the same view. I've lost a lot more inches than my weight would have me believe, but the proof is in the jeans! :bigsmile:

Have a great time on Friday :flowerforyou:
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    You have done really great, how about side by side before and afters.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!