sometimes it's hard to stay on track

Options
single after 2 and a half years. And sometimes I get random moments of sadness. I wish I didn't but I do. Does anybody have any tips to work through this? I'm just wondering because I want to be successful at losing my weight.

Replies

• snowness
    Options
    I don't know if it'll work for you but when i went through a rough break up and had bouts of sadness what helped me through was to stay busy. I took all of the sad feelings and put them towards doing something other than just sitting around feeling bad for myself. Maybe you could use those moments of sadness to get a wicked workout in instead of whatever it is you are trying to avoid doing.
  • ironmule2042
    Options
    I completely understand. It's been just under 2 years for me and I too still have bad days. I don't know that I have any secrets to get past them. Some days I do ok and others I don't quite get there. The main thing is that if you do have a bad day to pick yourself back up the next day and get right back to your plan.

The other major thing is to not be afraid to ask for help. I spent a lot of time to myself and I can say that things got a whole lot easier once I opened up to my friends and family and asked for help. A few of them even accepted the role of task-master for me at one point to keep me on track.

Just know that you can and you will get through it.

Good luck.
  • Rixides
    Options
    I think what would work really well for you is to work out regularly. The benefits include what I call the 'Triple Threat.'

1. Exercise will allow your body to produce endorphins which give your feelings of well being and mood a boost.

2. Exercise helps you burn calories, lose weight and slim down.

3. Exercise, especially in a gym, will allow you to meet people.

I know it can be hard to turn to exercise when you're feeling down, but the benefits outweigh the negative alternatives manyfold.

Hope this helps, and good luck!! :)
  • determined99
    Options
    I think what would work really well for you is to work out regularly. The benefits include what I call the 'Triple Threat.'

1. Exercise will allow your body to produce endorphins which give your feelings of well being and mood a boost.

2. Exercise helps you burn calories, lose weight and slim down.

3. Exercise, especially in a gym, will allow you to meet people.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/post/recent
    I know it can be hard to turn to exercise when you're feeling down, but the benefits outweigh the negative alternatives manyfold.

Hope this helps, and good luck!! :)

i like this :)
  • rockonerin
    Options
    success is the best revenge, girl!! imagine that person seeing you after getting in shape and looking sexy and confident - hang in there! :)
  • nikki91950
    Options
    success is the best revenge, girl!! imagine that person seeing you after getting in shape and looking sexy and confident - hang in there! :)

lol right? one of my biggest motivations is to make my ex jealous!
  • asnuff16
    Options
    Thank you everybody. Sorry about your break up ironmule2042. And as for the revenge, so true! haha. He thought I was hot as is, so I can imagine his face when I eventually get my stuff.