what am i doing wrong?

Options
2»

Replies

• Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options

No, i'm not weighing my food. I use my hands as a gauge for a portion.

That's your problem right there. You are likely vastly underestimating calories consumed.

she could have manhands

man_hands.jpg
  • gkaffen338
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. Its only week 3. I would wait and see what next week brings. You have made some amazing changes to your lifestyle that can only have a positive impact. Analyzing and adjusting is part of the fun but I would wait a week or two longer.

Congrats on the the 3 pounds though. Remember the days when you used to GAIN weight. Those days are over.

Greg
  • mefjenk
    mefjenk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Plateaus are very frustrating. Last week I ate right, worked out, came in at 1500 calories for the day, and a gained 1.5 pounds. I would add is that all calories aren't created equal. If your doing more carbs (especially fast food carbs) and less fat and protein, it doesn't come off as easy. I'm currently having good luck by adding a monounsaturated fat to every meal, be it olive oil, avocados, almonds, cashews, italian dressing or whatever. That seems to have helped me. Also, are you getting enough sleep? I've found that when I sleep 7-8 hours I'm more likely to wake up with a loss than when I sleep 4-6. And if you're having some stress over not working that can also derail you. The combination could be hitting you hard. Good luck!