My first signs of success...

Options
My life has always been one huge diet. It's always been up and down and up and down for as long as I can remember. About two months ago, I got a nasty kidney infection and kidneys stones, so I was forced to give up my vice...iced tea. (I was originally 195) Within a week, I had lost 6.5 lbs just from starting to drink more water. At that point I just kind of said "why the hell not?" and decided to dive in to a strict diet/weight loss regime. I joined this site sometime in the middle of October (at 185) and started loosing weight straight away.

Now, I'm very hard on myself so the fact that I lost 20 lbs in just over a month wasn't good enough for me even though everyone was telling me how great I look. The other day I went shopping with my mom for things for Christmas and for the hell of it, I tried on a pair of size 8 jeans. (Keep in mind, I'm 20 years old and haven't fit my big ol' butt into size 8s since middle school. I normally wear a 12) They fit! I went home to weigh myself ASAP and I weighed 170. This was about a week ago or so ago.

The second sign of my success happened the other night at Zumba. Normally I take 2-3 drink breaks for a second or two in between songs because I need those seconds to breathe. On Monday night, I made it through the entire workout without taking a break! I was so excited. Now, that I'm explaining it, it sounds pretty silly for me to be excited over it, but at the time I was so proud of myself. I mean, I'd always been able to make it through the whole workout without stopping for an extended period of time, but I was never able to go without those 2 second drink breaks. =)

This morning I weighed in and I'm down to 166!!! =)
It seems like the weight is just falling off!

Replies

• sarahsmiles_04
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing very well, Congratulations!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! I would love to befriend you! seems we have the same goals, starting wright, and Goal weight!
  • bethm1210
    bethm1210 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I totally get being excited about doing the whole workout without stopping :happy: When I started doing the elliptical, I couldn't do more than 7 or 8 minutes at a time. Now, 35 minutes goes pretty quickly!

Congrats on your sucess!
  • EmpressB
    EmpressB Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You have EVERY right to be proud.

I have a loong way to go, but I already FEEL a difference in my body and have noticed small changes in how I feel and how my clothes fit and I am EXCITED! Maybe others haven't noticed but that's fine because I do and it just makes me more confident that with every little bit my body is changing slowly. It may not happen overnight but just from week to week feeling subtle differences makes me know I am on my way to my goal and it will all come together in a HUGE way in the end :).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!