Appetizer Ideas for Party

Options
Hey Everyone;

Looking for some yummy (low fat) recipes/ideas for appetizers for a party I am having on Sat. Night.

Any suggestions? Thanks so much.

2727796.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    i'd love some too!
  • chelseyq7
    chelseyq7 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Go to www.skinnytaste.com for great ideas. I've made several of her dishes and they are great. WW points as well as calories per serving are shown with recipes. Try the shrimp salad on cucumber slices!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I've probably posted this recipe on every site i know lol

1 Can black beans (rinsed)
    1 Can corn nibs (rinsed)
    1 red bell pepper (that's my favorite, use what ever color you want)
    Extra light italian dressing (just for taste, don't drowned the beans)

Tostitos scoops

Mix everything together and ta daaaa you have mexican salsa, the scoops work the best to get all the yummy goodness...and it's healthy for you...always a hit at my parties and really easy to make
  • finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    White Bean, Chic Pea and Herb Dip

3/4 cup dried cannellini beans
    1/2 cup dried chickpeas
    3 slices whole grain bread
    3 T milk (I used skim)
    2 scallions finely chopped
    1/3 cup thick plain yogurt ( I used chobani non-fat greek yogurt)
    1T lemon juice
    2t finely grated lemon zest
    1T chopped parsley
    2t oregano
    1T Olive Oil

** I ended up adding a garlic. Also added extra yogurt and a little water and put it in the blender to get a better consistency. It was a HUGE hit at Thanksgiving. We at it with homemade tortilla chips and raw veggies!

Soak beans in a large bowl covered in water over night. Drain and rinse well (you can just used canned beans if you dont want to have to soak them etc)

Transfer beans to large saucepan and cover with cold water- Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 1hour or until tender
    Skim froth from the surface. Drain well, cool and mash.
    Remove crusts from the bread, put the bread in a bowl and drizzle with milk. Leave for 2 minutes, then mash with your fingertips. Mix with the beans.
    Add remaining ingredients with salt and pepper to taste. Serve at room temp with veggies.

This recipe makes 12 servings with 86 calories each according to MFP.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Stuffed cherry tomatoes....

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Cherry-Tomatoes-Stuffed-with-Marinated-Feta-353773

Hungry Girl Asian won-tons...

http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/chewdetails.php?isid=2136

FYI---Hungry Girl has a lot of healthy alternatives to everyone's faves.....
  • Yarnpiggie
    Options
    I have one that I just added to the food diary. It is called Brie and Apricot Phyllo cups. Not sure how long it takes for those to be searchable but that is what I named it. It is super easy. It is just phyllo cups, about a half inch cube of brie, apricot jam, and a tiny sprinkle of pecans.

The calories listed are for a serving of 7 people (hard to make a call on this since there are 15 cups in the package so serve 7 plus one for the chef? lol) 108 cal, 5 carbs, 8 fat, 4 protein, 0 fiber, 2 sugar.

It's not the best, health-wise, but not horrible in this time of calorie fat laden treats... and they are delicious. :-)
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    shrimp cocktail
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Here's one I made and everyone loved - even before they heard it was a WW recipe. Now i make a larger version of this for supper too - just put on whole wheat bread. Now I gotta have it again soon - lol!

REUBEN BITES

2 spray(s) cooking spray, or enough to coat bread
    6 slice(s) rye bread, cut into 4 pieces each, or 24 mini party breads
    1/4 cup(s) diet thousand island salad dressing, 10 calories per tsp
    8 oz low-fat hard cheese, Swiss, cut into 24 pieces
    1/4 pound(s) cooked corned beef brisket, cut into 24 pieces
    1 cup(s) sauerkraut, drained

Instructions
    Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place rye bread on baking sheet; coat with cooking spray.

Spread 1/2 teaspoon of salad dressing on each piece of bread; top with 1 piece each of cheese and beef, and 2 teaspoons of sauerkraut.

Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes; serve immediately. Yields 1 per serving.

Each one is 2 WW points; sorry don't have the nutrition info handy.
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    Yum, thanks.