Running for fat loss - Runkeeper

Options
Hi!

Is anyone else using the Runkeeper training program R4FL? I'm 25% through the program and think it's great, though I'd love to have some friends doing the same program :)

Replies

• newmom_2012
    newmom_2012 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I was looking at it, and thinking about starting when I get back from vacation. How do you like it?
  • shapelyJ
    shapelyJ Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I really like it! I'm sort of (read REALLY) competitive so it gets me to push myself to my very best. It's a combination of intervals and steady jogging. The intervals really get to me. I did the "10 min fast - 5 min walk - 10 min fast" workout this morning and I was completely beat afterward.

Conclusion: I highly recommend it :D
  • enitsirhck
    enitsirhck Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    hi again shapelyj! I use MapMyRun and it actually has built-in challenges that have real prizes! You might like that if you are competitive, the GNC Beat Average challenge just started recently.
  • katieca123
    katieca123 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm using a different running program that involves intervals. I'm trying to train for a 5k so the app I'm using is specific to that. If you're competitive then you might like it! I think it's called 0-5k or something along those lines.
  • shapelyJ
    shapelyJ Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm using a different running program that involves intervals. I'm trying to train for a 5k so the app I'm using is specific to that. If you're competitive then you might like it! I think it's called 0-5k or something along those lines.

I usually run around 5k so I like that Runkeeper has lots of different training plans for different kind of running :)
  • jako_choko
    jako_choko Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Running fatm 4 loss was the program who got me into fitness, I been exercises for years non stop because of it. Now I had a 6months break and want to do this one again, start slow but I can't find it anywhere, does it still excits?