Hi! Wanted: Fitness Buddies

Options
Hello guys and girls! I recently started going to the gym and logging my daily intake using the myfitnesspal app on my tablet. I'd like to find "fitness buddies" whom I can chat with from time to time so we can motivate each other and report our progress every week. I believe this can help me stay motivated. I've been trying to lose some weight because I gained around 25 kilos in college. I was really depressed an insecure. I can't even buy nice looking clothes because all of the nice ones are only available in small to medium sizes and I'm an XXXL. I am also a short girl so my thunder thighs and large hips are really awful to look at in front of the mirror. I am currently 164 lbs (I started with 168 lbs; I've been working out for two weeks). My goal weight is 105 lbs. I hope I can meet new friends here. Thanks for reading!

Replies

• muacwhk
    muacwhk Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello !!
    I am XXXL too!! Lets make it in Size XL or L frist !! I have almost the same lbs as you ...let do this together!! Be friends!!
    Please feel free to add me
  • acylhalide
    Options
    Hi, thanks for adding me!

Anybody here tried Insanity? It looks promising. It can be a great alternative to gym when it's rainy here :P
  • acylhalide
    Options
    Hi, HOTMOMMA_30

Thanks for sharing your experience. Where did you get the Bikini Mommy Challenge? I'm happy that you've seen results. How many pounds do you need to lose? :)

Please add me as a friend. We can support and inspire each other.
  • blue696
    blue696 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I live at the gym, and teach some classes as well. Feel free to add me, I am happy to talk about fitness anytime
  • acylhalide
    Options
    Thank you, Blue I've added you.

I'm actually a nurse and I've been diagnosed with PCOS. Women with polycystic ovaries are having a harder time to lose some weight because of our hormonal imbalance. If you're looking for girls who are going through the same thing, please feel free to add me. I can also help you understand how the hormonal imbalance leads to the weight loss.

Let's support each other in achieving a healthier lifestyle.
    I
  • sam1053
    sam1053 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP and need some motivational buddies as well. I also want to lose about the same amount of weight.
  • sam1053
    Options
    I own the Insanity workouts and I love them. I haven't done the full 60 days, but I like to use the work outs occasionally.
  • sakuya3834
    sakuya3834 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hey I am also quite short -- 5'2". I lost a lot of weight a long time ago (from 194lbs to 125lbs) and gained it all back PLUS more in college, putting me at 240lbs. I work out quite a bit and am currently working on Couch to 10K and the Blogilates Beginners Calendar.
  • acylhalide
    Options
    I own the Insanity workouts and I love them. I haven't done the full 60 days, but I like to use the work outs occasionally.

Wow that's nice! I just downloaded a free copy from a torrent online. I also got a 60 day plan on what workout to use per day. I just haven't tried it because I'm too shy and other people in our neighborhood might see that I'm working out and I look ridiculous while doing it. hehe. I'll try to wake up early to start doing this. I've seen wonderful results from other people.
  • acylhalide
    Options
    Hey I am also quite short -- 5'2". I lost a lot of weight a long time ago (from 194lbs to 125lbs) and gained it all back PLUS more in college, putting me at 240lbs. I work out quite a bit and am currently working on Couch to 10K and the Blogilates Beginners Calendar.

Thank you. It's comforting to know that someone else is also experiencing what I'm going through. I'll look into the workout that you shared. Having short and fat thighs made me look like a walking orange :(
  • sam1053
    Options
    [Wow that's nice! I just downloaded a free copy from a torrent online. I also got a 60 day plan on what workout to use per day. I just haven't tried it because I'm too shy and other people in our neighborhood might see that I'm working out and I look ridiculous while doing it. hehe. I'll try to wake up early to start doing this. I've seen wonderful results from other people.] QUOTE
    [/quote]

You might feel ridiculous at first, but I have never felt better after a workout than how I felt after 35 minutes of Insanity. Its totally worth it.
  • acylhalide
    Options
    [Wow that's nice! I just downloaded a free copy from a torrent online. I also got a 60 day plan on what workout to use per day. I just haven't tried it because I'm too shy and other people in our neighborhood might see that I'm working out and I look ridiculous while doing it. hehe. I'll try to wake up early to start doing this. I've seen wonderful results from other people.] QUOTE

You might feel ridiculous at first, but I have never felt better after a workout than how I felt after 35 minutes of Insanity. Its totally worth it.
    [/quote]

Thanks for the motivation! I’ll start it tomorrow morning.

By the way, anyone here who feels reallllly sleepy after working out? That’s my problem and I really sleep for so many hours when I’m tired :(
  • lveda013
    Options
    I am starting a new diet and I am also new to myfitnesspal. I do not have friends that will motivate me and talk to me so I would like to meet positive people that are currently trying to lose weight as I am. I am xxxxl so I can relate. It's even worse because I work from home so I am not that activate.

Feel free to add me if you want.
  • acylhalide
    Options
    ^ hi, dear! What's your work? I'm working as a part time online writer since I don't have my license as a nurse yet. I can totally relate to your situation. Working from home is great but it has its consequences too. What kind of workout are you doing now? I added you as a friend :)
  • GG82Green
    GG82Green Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello! Feel free to add me! I am starting fresh today and am excited to find me again.

Goal is 25-30 lbs .
  • Discoqueen77
    Discoqueen77 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello - I'm in my mid 50's and have been a yo-yo dieter my entire life. It's been a while since I've tried to lose the weight. But it's time to get healthy physically. Maintaining a healthy weight is the one thing that has eluded me my entire life. But it's never too late to change, and anything can be achieved if you put your mind to it. I have over 100lbs to lose. Day two for me. Here we go...!
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Hey all good luck to you all of you in reaching your goals...anyone can add me if they like...always happy to be a help.
  • ambrrrbaker
    Options
    Hi! I lost a bit of weight and then I gained some back! I'm already pretty active so now I'm increasing my activity level and logging my calories!
  • lveda013
    Options
    @acylhalide, I work as a virtual assistant so I sit almost all day until my job is done. I am not that active as I should be but hopefully everything will go as planned once started. I accepted your friend request, btw :)
  • GreenEyedTrailMonster
    Options
    Hey there,

I am fit and active but have weight to lose. I need to lose about 10 kg (24lbs). Happy to be added :smile: