Physio Clears Me to Train for a Triathlon

Options
The good news for the day!

I saw the physio today - he's fine with me doing a Triathlon :-))) He used to do them! He did warn me that they're addictive...

I can even start 'running' so long as I take it very steady and build up slowly, i.e. lots of walking interjected with short bits of running (which will not be an issue!).

I have to see the orthotics team, to see if they can figure out why my foot doesn't quite work properly any more and maybe to have insoles for my running shoes.

It makes it hard to think of the training without my wee dog with me, she has liver failure, but as least I have the good memories and she'll be comfortable and peaceful in the time she has left.

Replies

• Dawnog
    Dawnog Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Bless you, what an achievement training for and doing a triathlon. I run lots, swim lots and bike ride, oh and do lots of horseriding as I have 2 horses and would love to do a triathlon but have never had the nerve. Wish you lots of luck with your training and would love to hear how it goes, hope your dogs okay, I lost mine 3 wks ago and was devastated and still am. Good Luck, you deserve it. :)
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Thank you. You should try one? :-) Hugs hunny. I know your pain. This year we've lost a dog and a cat to old age, and a horse to advanced navicular (tried all sorts but nothing worked - he was only six, had a deformed cannon bone so there wasn't anything we could do). I have two retired horses who are wonky but comfortable, and a two year old whose job is to enjoy life and grow up.
  • Dawnog
    Dawnog Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    How lovely we also have a love of horses, what would we do without our animals. Best of luck with your triathlon training, I am seriously thinking of doing one, I have done lots of 10k and 1/2 marathons and have done quite well, an open swim scares me, im a strong swimmer in the pool but I wont even go past my ankles in the sea!!!. Am going to friend request you :))
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Why are you posting instead of training? :laugh: