1 year on lost, 84 Lbs.

Options
You know how it is, we are all told to watch our health or look after your figure and watch what you eat etc etc. and every passing year their is some new fad diet, which promises that you will lose half your body weight by taking some magic pill and with little or no exercise!! well I am here to say there are no magic pill's or milkshake's to sub staining and losing weight in a healthy way and I speak from experience as I have been down that road.

12 months ago I was at my heaviest weight and tipping the scales at 252lbs and was in serious trouble health wise, but even with the hospital telling me to lose weight I was still in denial and it took another 2 -3 months of friends and family begging me to listen as they did not want to lose me which if I would have continued on the road I was, would have been a probable reality. so as the old saying go's "every journey begins with the first step" so I found a Gym sucked up the courage to walk in and took my first steps to a better life and I wish would have done it sooner.

I will be honest, my trainer and doctor had to mentally break me down as I had to lose weight quickly but also maintain it in a healthy which is not so easy that I will admit, thankfully I had a great coach and doctor who looked after me through the whole process it was also very helpful I had an understanding manager who supported me as well, fast forward to today I am 168lbs and no longer a medical risk which leads to why am I blogging? Well, first its kind therapeutic for me and quite honestly, I never openly talked about the reasons why I had to lose all this weight and secondly its just about anyone in the world who may be reading this and about to start on their own fitness journey or thinking about it to maybe inspire them to go for it as it will be the best thing you can ever do for your mind and body but do it in a proper healthy way as I would hate for someone to make the same mistakes I did.

Just don't be tempted by fad diets, they don't work in the long run, one my favorite famous personal trainer's Jillian Michael's who's books really got me started on my journey sums up fad diets very well which I want to share - Stop turning to fad diets and use common sense. This is where so many people go wrong, from cutting out all carbs to eating only fat-free foods to fasting to the Master Cleanse (a plan that involves eating no food but drinking a mixture of fresh lemon juice, organic maple syrup, cayenne pepper and water). It's all bull crap, and not only is it bull crap, but it harms your metabolism in the process. The fad diets are doing way more harm than good. They key is to master a few simple ways to exercise that will burn the most calories in the least time. And you also need to figure out how can you eat more of the good stuff and less of the bad stuff without feeling deprived so your diet regimen feels manageable. I have tried those fad diets and in the long run they do not work, I lost and maintained my weight by first banning the word diet as honestly, I see the word "diet" as a temporary thing I called it a lifestyle change and I started living for myself and realizing it's OK to put myself first once in while which is essential for a more active healthy life because if you don't look after yourself how do you expect to look after someone else? there is several books available, but I Would recommend slim for life by Jillian Michael's, it can be bought cheaply and sums up everything about losing weight and maintaining it in a normal hectic lifestyle its a very good read. so fad diets, na!! just plain old calorie counting and plenty of exercise is the key to long term success and a more clear and healthy mind. exercise certainly saved my life ask yourself what it could do for you..

Be awesome to yourself and look after your body, its the only one you have and as I was told "your health is your own responsibility". I know how tough it is so stay strong!! my weight almost killed me but I turned it round and if a bum like me can do it anyone can.

dont know how to post pics :(. will have a look but they are in my profile

Replies

• MissLizzy1985
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • greenstar25
    greenstar25 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss, and thanks for sharing, I am sure it will inspire others. Hey, I don't know how to post pics either ;-)
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Saw the pics in your profile- you did great.

Your story is inspirational as well. Congrats all around.
  • McCluskey1128
    McCluskey1128 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    What an awesome story, congratulations!!!
  • mmd575
    mmd575 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, and thank you for letting people know the truth. That this journey can't be a quick fix that you have to put the work in, and clearly it shows that you have!
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Congrats man, that's an awesome accomplishment!
  • LynnCooley01
    Options
    Congrats! You have a very inspiring story. Success stories that highlight actual lifestyle change and committing to a new way of eating long-term are great motivation for those of us just starting out. Thanks for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!