jillian michaels's DVDs

Fineraziel
Fineraziel Posts: 140
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi everyone! :smile:

I want to try one of Jillian Michaels' DVDs. I would like to have your reviews and commentaries on :

1- 30 Day-Shred

2- Banish fat, boost metabolism

3- No more trouble zones

Thank you! :happy:

Replies

• Mkserpa
    Mkserpa Posts: 136
    I haven't used any of those in particular but I did use her Total Body Workout DVD's over the years (including Cardio Kickboxing) They are always fun, usually like 45 minutes, just pause it if it gets too strenuous. Never needed equipment. I even started pausing the DVD to add exercises my personal trainer provided me with for about 10 minutes every 15 minutes of the DVD to get as much as possible in. You'll like her. You will DEFINITELY feel it after going through the entire DVD! Normally she will rotate through at least 10 different moves to keep it interesting.
  • raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    I've tried (and enjoy) all of them and suggest starting with the 30 Day Shred. It has 3 20 minute workouts on it and I had amazing results....flat abs, toned arms, slim legs, and I credit this to 30 Day Shred. You just need some dumbbells (I used 5 lbs) and a yoga mat. The other DVDs have one workout, which you can break up into segments, that run 45 minutes each. I prefer the shorter workouts.

When you're ready to step it up, add the other 2 DVDs and do her 30 Day Slimdown plan:

http://www.exercisetv.tv/workoutplans.aspx?id=1 (Click "download the plan" and you'll get a PDF of the workout schedule.)

Her new kettlebell DVD is fun, too.
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    I'm about to do my last day of the 30 days shred and I love it. Its a good workout and as it only lasts 22 mins includin warm up and cool down its great. she is motivating and the way she does the 3-2-1 strength cardio and abs you don't have time to get bored and its always changing, you do 10 days of 3 levels. I've lost inches off my waist, hips and my arms are toned now.

I was looking at getting the NMTZ as it looks like a longer 30DS but ended up ordering the new 6 week 6 pack instead.

30DS is a good one to start with as its cheap on amazon.
  • I have the 30 day shred and loved it, especially on those days I didn't have a lot of time to workout. I think I'll try a couple of her new ones. I have read the reviews on the kettle ball one and apparently her technique is horrible.. so I might stay away from that one.
  • Emi_chan
    Emi_chan Posts: 105 Member
    I have all 3 and love them all. However, I can only use 30DS as an add-on since (according to my HRM) it doesn't burn as many calories as I'd like in just one session. But I LOVE NMTZ and BFBM. When I worked out from home, I used these in my rotation regularly.
This discussion has been closed.