too much fat a day?

Hi All~

I just started this and i set up my goal weight loss and what i should be eating a day. It says that i should be eating around 40 grams of fat. that seems high to me, but maybe i am just nervous cause 40 is a big number and FAT well that just sucks.

does anyone else have something that high? Is this normal?

Replies

• rissa1322
    rissa1322 Posts: 107
    Hi All~

I just started this and i set up my goal weight loss and what i should be eating a day. It says that i should be eating around 40 grams of fat. that seems high to me, but maybe i am just nervous cause 40 is a big number and FAT well that just sucks.

does anyone else have something that high? Is this normal?
  • Najah5150
    Najah5150 Posts: 170
    rissa1322 -
    Girl...your fat intake content is MUCH better than mine. I'm being told to intake 76 grams a day. I guess that's what comes w/ being a "big" girl. LOL! Naah, but I too agree, the 76 grams I am being told to intake seems like it's too much. Since joining the website on 10/22, I don't think I've actually consumed the amount of fat that I'm being told to.
  • rissa1322
    how much fat have u been eating?? its only been a few days since 10/22 but have u seen a difference?
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Fat isn't as bad as it sounds. Here is a great article on what fat does when it enters the body.
    http://www.sideroad.com/Weight_Loss/fat-saturated-unsaturated.html

Remember, if you eat relatively healthy most of the fat you intake will be the good fatty acids that you need to build a healthy body (omega 3 and 6) or the harmless fat (omega 9), also fat gives things flavor, and makes you feel full so you don't feel hungry all day. Just remeber that the above site says you should have 30-40 g of fat per day, that's a generalization based on being in very good health and, I will assume, you are female. I.E. I am 6'2" and my doctor recommends 55g of good fat for me (this site says 76, go figure) All in all, you stay within 10 - 15 grams of the recommended fat a day and try to make 80% of that polyunsaturated fat and you will be fine. Also, 1 or 2 bad days a month won't kill you and may just help kill any cravings you have so keep that in mind.
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    they're referring to good fat. like what you find in yogurt. actually even if you eat lean that is a challenge to stay at that number.
  • Najah5150
    Here's what I've consumed daily so far this week. However, I've started to noticed hte the fat intake calories vary from day to day. And also has to do w/ your excercise also.

10/22 - 33 grams
    10/23 - 31 grams
    10/24 - 25 grams
    10/25 (so far) - 13 grams

As of today, I haven't noticed a difference. I do know that I'm starting to become more "regular" (I'm pretty sure you know what I mean by that) though. I plan on weighing in tomorrow...so I will let ya know what the outcome is.

Naj
  • Najah5150
    rissa1322 - I checked it again...and I was incorrect!! My daily fat intake goal is 44 grams, however, I haven't yet to reach it. And the number does change once you log your excercise activity.

GL (good luck) girly on your weight loss.
  • rissa1322
    thanks for the support and information.

I never really did a blog like this before and it seems motivating. we have to keep it going and see what happens.....
    good luck in your weigh in.. i think i will do my first next wednesday