Worthless Workout Garbage

Options
Have any of you gave in and ordered a product from AS SEEN ON TV or some kind of fitness gear because the media made it look hot! lol! IE: Ab Circle Pro,Easy Step Shoes etc.....

I fell into the trap. I purchased some New Balance Easy Tone shoes lol. They look really awesome and you would never know they are those type of shoes. I honestly don't think they make me burn 25 more calories then any normal shoes but I just wanted to be a judge of it myself. My legs are toned but I do lots of elyptical everyday so I doubt it's due to the shoes lol.

Replies

• maryrshstattoo
    maryrshstattoo Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    thanks for the 411.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    The studies have been done; none of those weird looking shoes do a damn thing. I've heard people say they make it easier to stay on your feet all day, so more power to them if it works for them.
  • jhandley
    jhandley Posts: 118
    Options
    I'm sorry but just pictured you in the obnoxious looking toning shoes and giggled a little bit! :noway: They just don't seem to fit your look! lol:blushing:
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but just pictured you in the obnoxious looking toning shoes and giggled a little bit! :noway: They just don't seem to fit your look! lol:blushing:

bahaha. same here!
  • Bluediesel
    Options
    LMFAO hahahaha
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I purchased a pair of MBT shoes a while back. I love them. My legs are getting a good workout. My back doesn't hurt as bad as it used to. What I like the most is they don't make my shins hurt. When I walk my shins cramp up within minutes - to the point that I have to stop and no amount of stretching will ease it. I have to stop and sit until the pain goes away. I don't get it with these shoes - I don't know why.

I found them on Footwear, etc. It was a closeout price and I had to go with a style I normally wouldn't have but I'm not paying full price for them.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I'll admit it, when I was a teenager I bought one of those electrical thingies that zap your muscles :P Jeez they hurt!
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I purchased a pair of MBT shoes a while back. I love them. My legs are getting a good workout. My back doesn't hurt as bad as it used to. What I like the most is they don't make my shins hurt. When I walk my shins cramp up within minutes - to the point that I have to stop and no amount of stretching will ease it. I have to stop and sit until the pain goes away. I don't get it with these shoes - I don't know why.

I found them on Footwear, etc. It was a closeout price and I had to go with a style I normally wouldn't have but I'm not paying full price for them.

This is what I was talking about. Some people seem to get relief from pain and are able to walk longer. That aspect of those shoes is a great thing
  • i totally fell for an as seen on tv thingy majjigy....the ab rocker or the ab roller....really i felt like i was resting :laugh: ...i donated it, in the end
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i have a pair of the reebok easy tone shoes. they are amazing. i can really feel it in my legs when i wear them.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about the Ab Circle Pro, but I would NEVER buy anything without first trying it. I mean, with P90X, you can see on here that you get results if you stick with it, so I'm SOLD. lol But, unless I see REAL people with REAL results, I won't do anything with it.
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Yes, dummy me fell for "The Perfect Sit Up" not to long ago, as I HATE doing sit ups, and I have tried it ONCE! It is hanging over my door!!!!
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    We have p90x and it kicks our butt. Don't know about the toning shoes but when I was at the hospital last reek I saw several nurses wearing them so they must have some sort of benefit even if its not toning.
  • seemichellerun
    Options
    HA HA! Thankfully no, I have not bought anything from an infomercial. Then again, I'm one of those weirdos who doesn't have cable TV, so I rarely see commercials ever.

Netflix, Hulu, and my PS3 is all I need!
  • JulieTX86
    Options
    I have them. I noticed a difference for the first day or two but that was it. I too wore them 8 hour shifts at a hospital (nurses aide at the time) and I didn't have any problems. They say don't do really heavy workouts with them and to definitly not go running, well I learned why. :blushing: I went to the gym but forgot shoes and socks (awesome, right?) well, I had my easy tones in my trunk, so figured... well it's just a Zumba class, not to bad right? Wrong! (BTW, there was a dollar store next to they gym, so I did go buy socks before working out). Half way through my Zumba class my feet were burning, my arches were on fire, there was not any support. I know that these shoes weren't built for it, but I was afraid if I drove back home to get a pair of shoes, I might not have the willpower to drive back to the gym a second time. So I gave it a try. I ended up taking my shoes off half way though the class... At least I had brand new sparkling white socks on, so it wasn't so embarrasing. :)
  • DawnOf1969
    Options
  • DawnOf1969
    Options
    Double post
  • JulieTX86
    Options

Freaking stalker ads! :tongue:
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I don't know what it was called cause it was so long ago, but I had this ab thing that looked like a huge board with handles and a cushion...you put the cushion on your stomach and do sit ups while pulling the handles and because it pushes your abs down as you do regular crunches, it was supposed to not only firm your stomach through crunches but flatten it out...literally.

It worked really well...if the end result was supposed to be a bruised belly. :huh: :smokin: :noway:

The only thing from infomercials that works is exercise workout DVDs. I don't care if they are the Beachbody ones or not (I prefer those, but I would never say that the other don't work cause they do!). I mean, it is just tried and true exercise which is going to work no matter what since it is burning calories...

But those gadgets and gizmos make me laugh every time.

Except for perhaps the ab chair. I only say that because my mom has back problems and can't lay of the floor comfortably (she has a compressed disk and the only way to make it better is surgery which she doesn't want to do). So she uses this to comfortably do crunches. She actually does a normal ab workout sitting in the chair instead of on the floor. And it's working for her since she does that, Turbo Jam, and eats healthy and has lost a ton of weight.