metabolism has stopped

Options
124»

Replies

• JoanneKendrick
    JoanneKendrick Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I was told to input anything you do which is physical as exercising. For the past 2 days I have been decorating my son's room I.e painting. Monday I started at 9 am. Washing all the walls down, painting the boarders and then painting the walls with a roller and a brush. I put 2 coats of paint on. Yesterday I had to put 2 more coats of paint on one wall as old colour still showering. So I have been decorating for 6hrs on Monday and 2 hrs yesterday. In between the coats drying yesterday I did an exercise DVD Jillian Michaels get ripped in 30. By the time I done that I could put another coast of paint on. So I actually sat down for lunch at 3.30 pm as wanted to get the room finished before my boy got home. So yes, I bloody burnt lots of calories and yes I can eat under 1200 as I get to engrossed on what work I need to do as I am lucky as I don't think about food every second of tthe day.I have been using the data base Mfp provides to give me the calories burnt during exercises or eaten food wise. So stop saying I have been wrong as I was only following tthe mfp database advise.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I was told to input anything you do which is physical as exercising. For the past 2 days I have been decorating my son's room I.e painting. Monday I started at 9 am. Washing all the walls down, painting the boarders and then painting the walls with a roller and a brush. I put 2 coats of paint on. Yesterday I had to put 2 more coats of paint on one wall as old colour still showering. So I have been decorating for 6hrs on Monday and 2 hrs yesterday. In between the coats drying yesterday I did an exercise DVD Jillian Michaels get ripped in 30. By the time I done that I could put another coast of paint on. So I actually sat down for lunch at 3.30 pm as wanted to get the room finished before my boy got home. So yes, I bloody burnt lots of calories and yes I can eat under 1200 as I get to engrossed on what work I need to do as I am lucky as I don't think about food every second of tthe day.I have been using the data base Mfp provides to give me the calories burnt during exercises or eaten food wise. So stop saying I have been wrong as I was only following tthe mfp database advise.

so let's simplify here.

if you're not losing, you're eating too much.
    stop logging your exercise and eating them back.

you're eating more than you think, and burning much.. much less than you think.

that's why you aren't losing.

you've been wrong, you've been told how to do it right.

at this point, you can listen to the people that have had success with this... or you can just keep thinking you're doing it right and we're all wrong.
  • artslady96
    artslady96 Posts: 132 Member
    Options

Do not let yourself get too excited by people's posts. I understand that people interpreting your subject line "metabolism has stopped"too literally may be frustrating, but for the most part, people have been offering advice based on their own experiences. I achieve the best results when I weigh / measure foods meticulously and only enter planned exercise (such as a session on the treadmill or a walk meant as exercise as opposed to going to the corner store to get some milk). If you feel that the offered advice is not applicable to you, then do not follow it.

However, if you do feel that the offered advice is not applicable to you, then I think that a visit to your doctor to discuss your metabolism concerns is advisable. Since a doctor will know more about your health than anyone on the MFP forums, he or she will be able to truly determine the appropriateness of your food intake and calorie net as well as rule out metabolism or other medical issues.

Good luck to you!
  • marie3221
    marie3221 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Your info says you have 11 lbs to go. Weigh and measure everything and don't give up! When you have less weight to lose it takes longer and when you just start exercising it takes a bit before your body adjusts and retaining water is a way of protecting you. Patience and good things will happen!

That is right, the less weight you have to lose, the harder and longer it takes, keep it up!
  • marie3221
    Options
    Keep in mind too the muscle weights more than fat, so you could be losing fat and gaining muscle, do you have a body fat checker? They are about 30$ on amazon, an Omron body fat check. Have you measured yourself? Keep track of that too.
  • trogalicious
    Options
    Keep in mind too the muscle weights more than fat, so you could be losing fat and gaining muscle, do you have a body fat checker? They are about 30$ on amazon, an Omron body fat check. Have you measured yourself? Keep track of that too.
    no.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    Believe what you want. I have inputted everything I eat and the exercises I do. No point in lying as you won't get an accurate reading. Annoyed that I am now a liar. Well I am not.

Why do people get so defensive when they ask for help, and people try to HELP them??
    *SMH*
    NO, OP, just keeping doing what you're doing, you're doing everything right, you can't improve anything, and you are just stuck at this weight forever because of your "slow metabolism."

Now, is that helpful??
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

Your logging is grossly inaccurate and you want to defend it. Once you fix that major issue, let the community know so we can help because until then your unwillingness to accept help is the biggest hurdle you face.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

Your logging is grossly inaccurate and you want to defend it. Once you fix that major issue, let the community know so we can help because until then your unwillingness to accept help is the biggest hurdle you face.

QFT
  • JoanneKendrick
    Options
    I have completed Get Ripped in 30 WK 1 & wk2. Good work out. I have read reviews that you can burn up to 300 calories. Should I get a hrm to get a true reading? If so which one?

With regards to me inputting wrong.... How else are you supposed to do it?
  • trogalicious
    Options
    I have completed Get Ripped in 30 WK 1 & wk2. Good work out. I have read reviews that you can burn up to 300 calories. Should I get a hrm to get a true reading? If so which one?

food scale
    weigh everything.
    stop using cups/spoons
    use the non-user-generated entries

...but haven't we already all said that?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

food scale
    weigh everything.
    stop using cups

...but haven't we already all said that?

All that, and you could look into getting a hrm with a chest strap, like Polar. Nothing is going to be dead on accurate, but it's closer than what you'll get using MFP, which usually gives me about 100 calories more than my hrm. A tip for weighing foods like peanut butter or ice cream on the scale is to put the container on the scale, zero it out, and then scoop out what you're going to eat and use that number. That way you don't have to worry about what's on the spoon if you lick it.

ETA that it doesn't have to be a fancy digital scale, I got one at CVS and one at Wal Mart, each around $10.
  • JoanneKendrick
    Options
    Thank you
  • marie3221
    Options
    I mean to say that you could be replacing 1 lb of muscle for 1 pound of fat. I know muscle does not weight more, need to think before I type!
  • trogalicious
    Options
    I mean to say that you could be replacing 1 lb of muscle for 1 pound of fat. I know muscle does not weight more, need to think before I type!
    ... yes. you do.

even with this.

OP is also not magically replacing fat with muscle.

IXUO5zJ.gif
  • brianpperkins
    Options

Nobody is generating that type of muscular growth on 1200 calories net ... it's impossible to do so on the net calories the OP is consuming.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Nobody is generating that type of muscular growth on 1200 calories net ... it's impossible to do so on the net calories the OP is consuming.

^^^This....not to mention other factors as well.
  • brianpperkins
    Options

^^^This....not to mention other factors as well.

As hard as it is to get the simple concept of accurate logging across in this thread I wasn't going to get into the hormonal and progressive overload aspects.
  • JoanneKendrick
    Options
    I have just measured myself and have lost inches:-) Stay the same weight but it's shows something is happening :-)
  • YF92
    YF92 Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    From what I've seen in your diary the past 2 days: You ate 800 cal, and 1200 cals. You need to eat more.