Hippie/Tree Huggers

Options
13»

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    If you don't kill at least some of your own meat, you're not a tree hugger.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    What kind of hippie, lol?

The kind who like nature, spread happiness, wish everyone would be kinder to each other and work to make the world a better place?

The kind who like to think they're better than others, are obnoxious and would prevent someone from getting to the hospital?

The kind who think they will save the world by listening to Greatful Dead records and smoking pot?

There were different kind of hippies. Please define, :)

My parents were not hippies. My friend, Carefree (called "Carrie") had/has hippie parents. They're getting up there, but still growing all manner of things in the backyard, lol. All these years, never got caught.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I was doing yoga back when it was considered dubious (and perhaps unchristian). I would be a communist if it was a viable political alternative. And, I have been to more Grateful Dead shows than I can count -- including a free one in Golden Gate Park.
    But, I don't smoke pot and I have no hair.
    Where does that put me?
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    wow i was just looking for some like minded friends. i was just being silly and messing around. I consider myself a free spirit..

aggr.gif
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I'm a hippie, not a lesbian. Get your facts straight.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Quick test to find out if someone is a real hippy, or a fake hippy.

"Hey, nice to meet you, want to spend the night tonight?"

If yes. Potentiial hippy.
    If no. Pogue, engage sarcasm guns.
  • sinker59
    sinker59 Posts: 130
    Options
    I'm an ultra-conservative evangelical. But I drive a Subaru. I'm so conflicted.
  • dbmata
    Options

Were there republican hippies?
  • Advaya
    Advaya Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I fit this description though I've grown tired of labels as I've grown older. I used to attend Rainbow Gatherings a lot, and made the festival circuit.

I've settled down (a bit!) and now live in a small homestead with my daughter Althea (Both a Grateful Dead and Botanical reference with her name). We keep honeybees and ducks and chickens. I went to school to be a homebirth midwife, but am now looking at nursing in hopes of being a holistic nurse practitioner (because I believe in balance).

I'd love more friends here.
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm an ultra-conservative evangelical. But I drive a Subaru. I'm so conflicted.

I feel ya brother. Conservative and career military but I'm all about sustainable living and not wasting anything.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
  • ponycyndi
    Options

Pretty sure that's an oxymoron, but i didn't ask them how they voted.
  • dbmata
    Options

Just curious, since TX has few other exports.
  • ponycyndi
    Options

Just curious, since TX has few other exports.

Everyone in Texas is not a republican cowboy. We even have lesbians here.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    When Spiro Agnew spoke of "an effete corps of impudent snobs who characterize themselves as intellectuals," we knew he was talking about us and we were proud!

Right now I'm wearing a "Don't Bother Me, I'm Hugging a Tree" t-shirt. I'm a bra-less, leftist, barefoot, frizzy-haired Aquarian. I know the words to Hair. I voted for McGovern. I didn't think it bad when Muskie cried. I lost my candidate when Hubert died. I bought a 45 of Hard Day's Night when it first came out. I watched Chubby Checker introduce the Twist on Band Stand. I was appalled when a date took me to see Herb Alpert and much happier when another took me to the Allman Brothers in Madison Square Garden. I smoked Maine home-grown in college. I am a cum laude graduate of the sexual revolution.

Do I qualify?
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I live near the Woodstock site. Does that count?