My hips won't lose anymore weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Wait! What? You look like a perfect hourglass to me. You look great.

If you want to keep toning up your rear, try squats and deadlifts.

If your body stores more fat in those areas than average even when you're trim, weight work will make you look bigger.

I'm pear shaped, lose weight in my upper body first, but I lift heavy and my lower body is getting smaller. Several inches off my hips and thighs. As long as you continue to lose fat lifting weights is not going to make you bigger.
  • bnmoyler
    bnmoyler Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Bat wings are difficult. I have them and side boob fat. I've been doing a few things to work this area. They're not going away but are shrinking and toning somewhat. I use two 5lb weights- one in each had by my side. Then I life my arms out sideways level to my shoulders and back down. I do two sets of 15. Then I take a 10 lb weight and hold it with both hands behind my head and lift up and down. Again 2 sets of 15. The bat wings aren't completely gone but I do look a little muscular up top now. Give it a try!
  • bnmoyler
    Options
    It seems when I lose weight, the first thing to go are - of course - my boobs. I have always been big hip/butt and so I'm use to them always being big. Since I lost weight, they got smaller - but are still much bigger than what I would like. Women always tend to carry extra weight there. Be proud of your hourglass figure. You look fabulous!!

My problem, since I got older are my arms (bat wings or bingo arms). I can't find an exercise that I like to get rid of them. Any suggestions?
  • bnmoyler
    Options
    Bat wings are difficult. I have them and side boob fat. I've been doing a few things to work this area. They're not going away but are shrinking and toning somewhat. I use two 5lb weights- one in each had by my side. Then I life my arms out sideways level to my shoulders and back down. I do two sets of 15. Then I take a 10 lb weight and hold it with both hands behind my head and lift up and down. Again 2 sets of 15. The bat wings aren't completely gone but I do look a little muscular up top now. Give it a try!
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Wait! What? You look like a perfect hourglass to me. You look great.

If you want to keep toning up your rear, try squats and deadlifts.

If your body stores more fat in those areas than average even when you're trim, weight work will make you look bigger.

I'm pear shaped, lose weight in my upper body first, but I lift heavy and my lower body is getting smaller. Several inches off my hips and thighs. As long as you continue to lose fat lifting weights is not going to make you bigger.

If you are Triangle shaped at a certain point you will stop losing weight in the parts of your body that hold weight. People who lose weight end up being a smaller version of their natural shape (Triangle, Inverted Triangle, Hourglass, etc.)