Tracking Confessions - I'll go 1st

Options
Packing my lunch this morning and needed 3oz of turkey breast for my sandwich. I was an ounce over on the scale, so I ate the extra ounce to bring it down to 3oz!

I did however feel guilty, so went back and adjusted my log to 4oz.

Replies

• ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I did not track that slice of homemade berry pie I ate last night. I made it. It was good!

BUT, that was prob 300-400 calories I needed to account for. Oh well (shrugs)
  • Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    If I eat after 10PM I usually say I'll enter it the next morning.

...and then forget about it...

...until 2 days later when I get on the scale and wonder why I'm gaining weight...
  • loveless_me
    loveless_me Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I ate a slice of cake and logged it, then ate another and didn't log it. Bold me!!
  • RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I've lost 12 pounds in the last 3 weeks, but it isn't because I'm doing things right. I'm mourning the loss of someone very close to me.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I've lost 12 pounds in the last 3 weeks, but it isn't because I'm doing things right. I'm mourning the loss of someone very close to me.

Oh Gosh, I am sorry for your loss. Remember to take care of yourself
  • Kelly1552013
    Kelly1552013 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just estimated the total number of cookies I ate. Probably way more than what I actually logged.
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    If I end up eating all my breakfast for the week on Saturday (I eat bars). I still log it for the next Monday thru Friday.

It ends up being the same calories for the week, but I just don't like those red numbers.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh my sugar or measure my cream in the morning coffee but I suspect I have logged over what I actually use...

I don't add any cream or sugar to my third cup of coffee so it's all good...

now if it's cake or pie or something damn straight I log it...those things have as much as a meal in them...no way would I not log that.
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Hit, the finished logging button with every intention of being done for the night. Then decided I wanted a bowl of frosted cheerios... Didn't bother to go back in and log it. I am okay with it...
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I "accidentally" leave out adult beverages I've consumed at the beach. If you don't log it... it didn't really happen right??
  • mom2_4gr8kids
    Options
    I'm a perfectionist - one day of going over my calories would wreak havoc in my brain (sad, I know). If it gets to the end of the day and I have no calories left but I need something to eat... I add something to my exercise log, like cleaning I did during the day, or mowing the yard. Things I wouldn't normally add as exercise, just enough to be able to have a snack.

Two of my four kids have gotten this trait from me. I feel like I should apologize to them :ohwell:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Within 6 months last year I ate about 40 pounds' worth of Cheez-Its and didn't log them. I mean 40 pounds on my fat *kitten*, not 40 actual pounds in Cheez-Its. I don't do that anymore.
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I'm a perfectionist - one day of going over my calories would wreak havoc in my brain (sad, I know).

I would have had a complete mental breakdown by now if going over did this to me.
  • sinker59
    sinker59 Posts: 130
    Options
    I eat a lot of partial pretzels. They don't count.
  • ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I leave out my Friday night beer sessions. Its a lot of beer, but I stay under my calories every day of the week and go to the gym 5 days a week. I use to log beer and hated seeing the extra calories, I switched to Michelob Ultra though! Hahahahaha
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I log everything specifically but sometimes when I am doing food prep I'll throw a nut or a cherry or something very small into my mouth.. I don't count that. I figure it's so small I am burning the calories by virtue of chewing and swallowing the item.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    my tracking methods are totally bass ackwards (compared to the MFP norm), but my confession is i did not track at all this past long weekend, and i definitely am paying for it
  • GymRatGirl13
    GymRatGirl13 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    The calories don't count when you eat peanut butter if it is stuck to the top of the fresh seal when you first open a new jar. They also don't count when your five year old doesn't finish her protein source... steak, chicken and eggs. No logging, no calories. I'm a sinner.
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I'm a perfectionist - one day of going over my calories would wreak havoc in my brain (sad, I know). If it gets to the end of the day and I have no calories left but I need something to eat... I add something to my exercise log, like cleaning I did during the day, or mowing the yard. Things I wouldn't normally add as exercise, just enough to be able to have a snack.

Two of my four kids have gotten this trait from me. I feel like I should apologize to them :ohwell:

This sounds normal to me. Oh, that's right. I have issues too, lol! I blame it on being an oldest child.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I don't usually drink very often but this past weekend I drank on Friday and Sunday. So I had planned to reduce my carbs those days from other sources to account for the beer. Well, on both occasions I went way over on the beer consumption and stopped counting after a while. lol Weight stayed the same though.