Any one trying to lose baby weight?

Options

Replies

• bitabee
    bitabee Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Me!! I just had my first baby 9.5 weeks ago! I've lost 20 of 41lbs thanks to breastfeeding, but I'll have to work off the rest and then some! Feel free to add me!
  • hlandess
    Options
    I am...my baby girl just turned one July 31st and my son will be turning 7 in September. Unfortunately, never lost the weight from him either. On the track to getting healthy and losing the weight in the process...so I can be around a long time for my kiddos and keep up with them!
  • stephylynn190
    stephylynn190 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I will be after December!

Congrats! Boy or Girl?

Thank you :) At my 16 week I was told a girl. I have my 20 week appt tomorrow and I'm eager to get that double checked. The family has already started buying soooooooo many girl clothes :bigsmile:

Haha, yeah I would certainly have them take a second... or third look. My sister is pregnant and they told her it was a girl at first, so I planned her entire baby shower around a pink theme, bought a ton of dresses, and sewed a few myself... and then at 20 weeks they told her it was a boy. Go figure. I hope you don't have any surprises tomorrow. :) Feel free to add me for when you start trying to lose your baby weight. I'm sure I'll still be working on mine for a year or more.
  • Mizzkris20
    Options
    I had my little one in May and gained 5olbs. lost most of the weight but still have more to lose
  • jordandarcylou
    Options
    I am !! Anyone please feel free to add me or check out my weightloss journey blog !!

http://jordandarcylous-journey.tumblr.com/
  • saritacronin
    Options
    Hi there...am new to this. And been reading some posts. I had my second baby 8 months ago and he was 10lb. I gained 25kgs in pregnancy. I lost 6kgs giving birth then over the past 7 months Ive lost a further 5 or so kgs. My weight seems to fluctuate a bit from 68-70kgs which is frustrating as I have been exercising since he was 5 weeks old. Ive been walking at least 2-4 times a week about 3-4kms eating pretty well..Im not one to induldge into cakes,chocs,icecream or fizzy just coffee with 1 sugar a cuppa tea at night. I have tried FIIT which totally kicked my butt but now I am walking/running with the pram. 2 weeks of doing that and Ive gained weight!! Im working pretty hard at it and getting nowhere fast seems to gain it back faster than loosing for no reason. I am still kind of breastfeeding on 1 side only and perhaps maybe twice a day...he mainly has food or bottle now. I am not one to loose weight breastfeeding as some women do. Any tips or advise will be appreciated. I am pretty tired and will keep at it if I see results but when nothing changes its pretty depressing especially when you see other mums or famous women on tv who have got body back after what seems like weeks! I go back to work in October and I wont be able to fit any of my clothes, cant be wearing trackpants and maternity jeans to work :(
  • go_binny
    go_binny Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My baby is 14 months old and I stopped breastfeeding 3 months ago. Since then I have gained around 15 pounds... HELP! I used MFP before the pregnancy and lost about 10 pounds, so I know I can do it, but it's so hard after having a baby. I work full-time in a stressful job and never have any time for myself to exercise. Feel free to send any tips and tricks (or kick-butt motivations) my way.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    i have 4 lots of baby weight to loos LOL

when preg with my first i gaint 3 and half stone, after having him i lost 1 and half stone before getting preg with my second, i then gained 3st during that pregnancy. (there is 13months between the boys born jan 08 and feb 09)

i then tryied and failed to shift it but then got preg again in 2011 i didnt gain any weight but seeing as i was 17st to start with this time thats a good thing, after having my 3rd son i got down to 15st 7lbs. then i got pregnant with my daughter (again there is 13month between the youngest 2) i only gain 4kg during that preg and after i had her i was down to 15st 4lbs. breast feed did not help me loos weight but i didnt gain either.

so she is now almost 15months old and im this fat thing, would love to get back to my pre preg weight
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    sorry for all the typos.......I need my bed lol
  • krissyliz78
    krissyliz78 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE new food ideas!! Thanks :wink:
  • Hope2BFit81
    Hope2BFit81 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    After 9 years, is it still considered baby weight or just an excuse?? :)
  • kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Add me! I had my 3rd baby in May, by C-section (all 3 were C-sections, in fact). He's 4 months old. I'm still breastfeeding, and now working full time. I gained almost 30 pounds with him. I started exercising at 6 weeks post partum, then fell off when I returned to work at 3 months pp. I started T25 this past Monday. I have no idea how much I weigh right now. I'm just trying to get past feeling winded when I exercise. So far, so good.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I'm still losing mine...oh wait. Never mind.
  • heidispideymfp
    heidispideymfp Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Me
    But my baby is turning 4 :noway:
  • kitka82
    Options
    My baby is 14 months old and I stopped breastfeeding 3 months ago. Since then I have gained around 15 pounds... HELP! I used MFP before the pregnancy and lost about 10 pounds, so I know I can do it, but it's so hard after having a baby. I work full-time in a stressful job and never have any time for myself to exercise. Feel free to send any tips and tricks (or kick-butt motivations) my way.

This could have been me. I started my fitness journey when my 2nd child was nearly two years old. I was in a job I hated and I was constantly frazzled. I have gained and lost before so I know how to lose weight lol. It is a matter of making a decision to change your lifestyle. It is going to feel selfish to make time for yourself, but it is honestly the BEST thing you can do for your children. They deserve a happy, healthy mommy. Remember that they are constantly watching you, so taking care of yourself sets a great example for them. They can be great motivators! My kids love exercising with me. They like to walk, jog, do yoga, and they even try to do some of my workout videos with me. :) Start tracking your food, and stick with it if that's what works for you.

I know it is hard, but something that helped me was to start small. I made very small changes in my diet at first, and I only promised myself 20 minutes of exercise every other day. I did 30 day shred, just not every day. When I started to see results, that motivated me to do more.

Another thing that helped was that I got another job. I hated my job, so I found another one and quit. A lot of people like to say it's not that easy, but it really is very simple. If you hate your job, find another one. If you can't find another one--find a way to cope with stress so that you are not miserable. Exercise will help with this. Life is too short to be stressed and miserable all the time. If, God forbid, you keeled over--the work would still be there.

Hang in there--don't give up.
  • kitka82
    Options
    What really worked for me was doing 3 Fitness Blender workouts a week, along with hilly walks with the baby in the stroller or Moby wrap. Right now I'm doing T25, but after that I want to go back to Fitness Blender.
  • Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I just had a baby in June, and still have 16 lbs to go! I was in the best shape of my life right before I got pregnant, but he is totally worth it. Feel free to add me! Right now, I'm at a stand-still with my weight and it's driving me CRAZY!!!! :angry:
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    My daughter will be 2 next month but I am losing the leftovers of carrying and BFing her!
  • Original_Sinner
    Original_Sinner Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Look....

i know the little precious looks all chubby and fatty mcfatterson....and all....

and that you probably look at the little chubby monkey and think why are you so fat, I had to push you out of my nether regions you plump chicken....

BUT.......rumor has it, the babies lean out on their own time, so I don't really recommend anyone trying to lose baby weight.

It'll go on it's own.

:flowerforyou:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    im 36, but i swear some of this is baby weight. my cheeks are just like chubby little rosy apples.