Did you see results from a 100 mile walk in a month?

Options
Okay so my goal is to walk 100 miles for the month of August.. Has anyone ever done this before & have you seen some great results?

Replies

• frozentrace
    frozentrace Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I walk 7km a day on a treadmill Monday to Friday and that's 21miles a week.. and I eat 1200 calories a day..

my BMI is currently 27.4 and I'm still steadily losing 2-3kg per month.
  • amandawillard3551
    Options
    I've lost 27lbs in 2 months by watching the calories and walking. Just over 2 months ago I found walking 10 miles in one go very hard. I can now walk 20 miles in 8-9hrs with no problems, other than being a bit tired at the end. I also walk around the block, which is half a mile and I do that several times a day. My 10+ mile walks are hikes in the countryside, carrying a rucksack. It doesn't take long to build up stamina for walking, but you do need to do a little every day and gradually add a little more distance. I find I have much more energy to walk now and really enjoy getting out into the countryside with all the fresh air. Plus, the great thing about walking.....it's doesn't cost anything :) I wish all the very best with your goal.....you can do it :)
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    3 miles a day is awsome.
    I would strugle to find the time and stamina for that .
    I lost about 12 kgs just by watching food and walking 100 yards at a time ( working. Up to a mile twice a day)
    As they all say the weight loss is mainly in the diet. But the excersize is for fitness.
    Good luck.
  • oXGetFitBabeXo
    oXGetFitBabeXo Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Sunday i had walked 3 miles, Monday i walked 5.40 miles, Yesterday i went 1.50 miles on the treadmill and 4.50 on the Elliptical.. i am getting shin splints that i need to stretch out. I am totally for 100 miles this month to prep me for other fitness activites to help me lose weight.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Forsore shin, put a tennis ball on thefloor and rub your fot over it with as nuch pressure as u can handle.
    You should feel better the next morning.
  • NotAResolution
    NotAResolution Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit and I've tried to get 15k steps a day since last week (about when Aug started). They say 10k steps walking is about 4 miles, so that makes it about 6 miles. If I keep it up, and some days it's hard to hit, that would be ~180 mile walking/running this month. I find walking fun. I usually listen to a podcast and do hour walks as it's a great way for me to catch up on radio shows I like, i.e. Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me!
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    It's totally possible to walk 100 miles in a month. I started exercising mid October at 225lbs and now I'm 150.6.

What are you currently walking? I slowly built up to it. I just kept adding a bit of distance to each walk. It adds up. See below.

Nov - 65 miles
    Dec - 71 miles
    Jan - 86 miles
    Feb - 91 miles
    Mar - 95 miles
    Apr - 91 miles
    May - 112 miles
    Jun - 136 miles
    Jul - 150 miles
  • KenzieMBurke
    KenzieMBurke Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    For four months I walked a minimum of 3 miles a day and I lost weight at a very steady pace! After about the 3rd month or so, I realized I was no longer losing and needed to challenge my body more, so I began a 5k training program. Sure enough, the pounds started shedding again!!
  • SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have already walked 80KMs (49.7 miles) so far this month and I aim to complete 100Kms by the end. I walk on average between 5KMs-10KMs a day, more if my legs can handle it (5-6 days a week, Sunday is usually my break and only walk for pleasure). Last week my total was 50KMs.

I believe you can walk a 100miles in one month if you be consisitent. However, I started slowly and with small goals until I got better after 3 weeks of walking.

To date my total since I started walking 6 months ago is 770 KMS....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!