Tips for morning workouts

Options
What's your tip for getting your morning workout in?

I am not a "morning person" but I want the benefits of jump starting my metabolism with a morning workout before I sit at my desk all day.

I chose to hit the snooze button today....so I'm wonder if MFP community has any tips to help me get out of bed and get my butt working in the morning!

Replies

• netter43
    netter43 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My alarm clock is now across the room so I have to get up out of bed to shut it off (or hit snooze) - Typically I work out in the pm only because I have to get up so early, but now I set my alarm for 15 minutes earlier and HAVE to get up to shut it off so my morning routine is getting better and I am going to try to do at least 15-30 minutes workout before work because I too sit at a desk all day - Good luck with getting going in the AM.
  • shellywoodworth
    shellywoodworth Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have been getting up at 5am, but not starting my workout till around 6am. I need that first hour to have my coffee and wake up before I start doing cardio. I also, have been going to bed earlier, normally I stay up till 11pm and now I am in bed by 9:30pm.
  • npryor100
    npryor100 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions! I think going to sleep early is the key. :smile:
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I get up at 6 and start the 30 day shred before my two girls get up, they usually come and watch me finish the last 10 minutes and try to join in. Because its only short, its great for a morning workout.

It kick starts me in the morning and gives me loads of energy before work. I'm on day 30 in the morning but will be continuing until I decide what to do next.

Its hard some mornings but I feel slugish if i don't do it now!
  • emersoam
    emersoam Posts: 179
    Options
    I get up at 4 AM every morning to run on my treadmill or bike on my stationary. It's tough at first, but you gotta be tougher! It was really tough at first, but now I'm into such a routine with my morning workouts that I easily wake up and get going (most mornings). Many days, I'll even wake up before my alarm is about to go off!

If it was easy, more people would do it right?

:wink:
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I sleep in my wkout clothes- roll out of bed and start stretching before I know what happens.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4:15 to workout. I lay my workout clothes out the night before and just do it. I have my DVD in and ready to go. I make sure I get in bed early enough to get enough sleep though. Sleep is critical in weightloss.
  • Loseittoo
    Loseittoo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5:30. After awhile it gets easier. And I feel so much better the rest of the day knowing my work out is done. I feel energetic and productive.
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    It's hard! VERY VERY hard! but getting to bed early is the first step. Putting the alarm across the room so you have to get up is a good idea, I think I'll try this! Also, don't think about it. Just get up and go before you start thinking "ugh I don't want to work out" Good luck :)
  • Cr8tive_Ingenuity
    Options
    i been doing the same thing..helps me get through the evening food cravings!