VACATION!

Options
ok, i just realized i'm going on vacation in 2 and ahalf weeks... anyone have tips on keeping within 1200 calorie goal? i'm going to Orlando FL. my room does have a kitchen so i know i can cook some of the time... but not all... i'm scaredddd don't want to fall off lol

Replies

• frogmama
    frogmama Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    If you have a kitchen, you could stock up on things for breakfast (yogurt, fruit,cereal,almond breeze)and a light lunch{salad,tuna on a sandwich thin.) Then you could go out for dinner and try to choose wisely from the menu. Have fun!
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    good idea....snacks probably a very important part, i can always bring them with me
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I am going down to Florida also, the week after Christmas! My plan was to take my food for breakfast and Lunch. And just try not to blow it with dinner. Try drinking water when you go out, so that you don't blow your calories on drinks. Make sure to have lots of fun!
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this would work out well for you, but maybe you could cook some of your favorite lunches or dinners and freeze them. Then you'll have quick, healthy, and nutritional meals that are easy to bake and eat. At least that way you wouldn't have to spend tons of your vacation time cooking, and you'd still know exactly what's going into your body. I'd also load up on any fresh fruits or snacks that you like to eat. I'm sure you'll do fine though, and remember to enjoy your vacation too, even have some healthy treats! :)
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    I am going down to Florida also, the week after Christmas! My plan was to take my food for breakfast and Lunch. And just try not to blow it with dinner. Try drinking water when you go out, so that you don't blow your calories on drinks. Make sure to have lots of fun!

nice! good idea i always get tempted with drinks... normally will get diet though but water so much healthier and refreshing
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    Not sure if this would work out well for you, but maybe you could cook some of your favorite lunches or dinners and freeze them. Then you'll have quick, healthy, and nutritional meals that are easy to bake and eat. At least that way you wouldn't have to spend tons of your vacation time cooking, and you'd still know exactly what's going into your body. I'd also load up on any fresh fruits or snacks that you like to eat. I'm sure you'll do fine though, and remember to enjoy your vacation too, even have some healthy treats! :)

good idea... just not sure how i would take them on the plane... i also have to lug around my 2 year old twins and their carseats ... otherwise i'd just bring another luggage... or maybe the first day im there cook a bunch and put it in the freezer there