Insanity confusion

Options
Hi guys, I am almost on my 4th week of Insanity. I have seen zero lbs lost and zero inches lost. I am stronger because I can perform much better through the workouts. I stick to my calorie goal as far as eating. Anyone have any comments on why im not physically seeing my body change? Am I rushing it?

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Have you taken pictures, as the program suggested? The lack of weight loss doesn't surprise me. Insanity is intense, and keeps stepping up, so you retain a lot of water (bonded to glycogen) for the first few weeks (I don't think I even lost more than a couple pounds, and that not until month 2) but you should be seeing inches if you are eating properly. The questions I have are:
    Are you tracking everything you eat?
    Are you measuring everything on a food scale?
    How are you measuring your calorie burns?
    Have you been consistent with how you measure your body?
  • LaurenSL1
    LaurenSL1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi thanks for getting back to me.

Are you tracking everything you eat?---- Yes. I am now. I wasnt the first couple weeks, however I do eat pretty clean.

Are you measuring everything on a food scale? ---Im not using a food scale but I am using measuring cups/ spoons.

How are you measuring your calorie burns? --- I use my heart rate monitor

Have you been consistent with how you measure your body?
    I feel like I have been consistent. Especially since my numbers arent budging.

I will admit that I am not good about my water intake. In the past week i have really been trying to make that a priority.