Hello I'm new looking for support and answers

Options
Hi I'm Bessie a 32 year old female from Beverly wv...I weighed 247 and am down to 229..I still have a long way to go to my goal weight of around 130...right now I'm having a hard time not giving up...seems like I work hard and eat better than I used to with little to no results. .it's hard to keep going when you feel like it's not working..and I'm really out of shape and can't keep up with most of the exercise programs out...I bought a treadmill yesterday and used it for 20 minutes today but was told after if you dont keep your heart rate up the whole time you aren't really burning any fat...just wasting time...I wanna cry...plus I suffer from depression which makes any kinda routine very hard to keep...any ideas...exercise is confusing to me..I feel like I'm doing good then I read or hear that I'm doing it wrong...hummm

Replies

• jennamccanlies1110
    Options
    I don't know a whole lot about the "science" part of exercise and weight loss, but what I do know is, any movement and exercise is better than NO exercise and movement. Also, when you exercise you release endorphins, which elevate your mood and will help with your depression. I suffer from anxiety and depression and I ALWAYS feel so much better about myself and the world in general when I get out and walk. Have you heard of Dance fitness with Jessica on Youtube? She is amazing. You can also find her on facebook. When I dont want to get outside or I dont have time to do any kind of physical activity when my kids are awake, I do one or two of her videos after my kids go to sleep.