69 lbs to go and in need of some inspiration... plateaus...

Options
Plateau blues. People help me out with some inspiration.... anyone who was at about 220 lbs who went down to about 155lbs please post in here with pictures if possible! I've come to a sort of plateau and I just need some inspiration that it can be done!!

Actually the most preferred example i would like is if a female around 5"7' who started high around 340lbs and who has now reached around 160lbs to give me that extra boost from pictures.

I eat around 1200-1500 calories a day usually depending on the amount of movement i do.
I do cardio at least 3 times a week and burn around 250-300 calories.
I have done weight lifting on and off.
Lately i have been cheating heavily on the weekends due to my blues that i've been stuck at between 210-220 for a good long time now. so... i know that doesn't help but when i wasn't doing that i still stayed the same weight for a long time. These are the harder lbs to get rid of i think. Please help inspire me my friends. I kind of want to get intoa motivation group near home too but no luck yet finding one close to home... ): ah well!

Replies

• FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    First off let me say you are awesome for losing all that weight. Plateaus happen. I know it gets frustrating. I have had them every time I hit a new weight bracket or when I lose around twenty pounds. When this happens I just up my workouts. I mostly use walking as my main form of exercise. I add more time/distance and intermit with jogging too. If weekends are your time to get off plan, you are not alone in this. Its mine too. I just do my best to preplan the meals and snacks into the weekend. I also make sure to get up extra early and get in my walk for the day so I at least know I started out the day right. I know I am lying to myself if I say "oh I will just make sure to get one in" . nope. the hubby ends up being my bad influence and we just eat food all day and be lazy a lot together. The preplanning part helps so I know what and when I will be eating for the day. Just be patient with yourself and take the slow down or stops in weight loss as a time to practice for maintenance. THat is how I look at it. I know that maintenance phase once I hit goal will be the hardest part so I could us all the practice I can get. I feel like its all about perspective and how you look at your situation. Just tell yourself to stay on plan no matter what. Allow yourself the snacks you eat normally but incorporate them into your weekend. Portion them out ahead of time if you have to or at least prelog them. I suggest you get in more cardio if you want to jumpstart that weightloss again. Go for walks after dinner or meals. Don't be so down. Celebrate that weightloss you have already accomplished. It will come off soon enough. Go get yourself a new outfit so you can feel great and turn that frown upside down. Go to goodwill. I love love that store especially while I am dropping sizes. Once you can fit into something you didn't dream of fitting in before it trumps any and all tastes or cravings for those unauthorized calories. I promise you that.
  • hiker583
    hiker583 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    When you hit plateau, its time for a change. Change your exercise routine, a different type of cardio or add something like pilates or yoga to it, or do more weight lifting.