wanting results

Options
Not getting the results quick enough.:wink:

Replies

• skidd93
    skidd93 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It takes time. Just don't give up and you'll be there. Remember everything starts will a small step.
  • _BearNecessities_
    _BearNecessities_ Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    From your profile:

"I was 286lbs 7 years ago and now I am at 117 Ibs"

That didn't happen overnight either, but you got there. Quit being impatient.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Not getting the results quick enough.:wink:

what results are those?

looks like you're at goal weight....congrats!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Are you in a race? Why are you not getting the results "quick enough"? Do you even know what the average time to see results in an adult human is? Are you using that as a guideline to set your goals? What are your parameters for determining your results are not happening fast enough?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    What are your goals? How quick is quick enough? Why are you logging less than 1000 calories a day?
  • CagedBirdSings
    CagedBirdSings Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It is SO hard to not want all of it right now!!! I promised myself that I would log my food and exercise with the goal of learning portion sizes and eating a better diet and becoming active. It's only been 18 days and I've lost 2 pounds. However, the scale was going up before I started logging stuff, so at least I'm not going up!

I'm just going to keep modifying my diet a little at a time, but IT'S HARD! I woke up today feeling discouraged and started thinking about Medifast. I lost 45 pounds in 3 months and it was SO easy. (Gained it back about a year or so later when I went back to my old ways). Not everyone likes that program, but I loved it! However, in my heart of hearts I know that's not how I want to lose it. I was losing it so fast that my skin wasn't keeping up and that scared me.

Anyway, I know how you feel. I'm not going to give up - I'm just going to keep logging and being honest and change what I can. I can't change everything all at once. Maybe you can share what you're doing with someone you trust and who has experience in this...maybe they can look objectively at what you're doing and make some small suggestions.

Our health is so important and how we feel about ourselves is important too. Don't give up on yourself!!!! I ate a piece of chocolate cake today after lunch, which was not on the menu, but I'm not giving up the day! I'm just going to log it and modify dinner a little bit. I'm not beating myself up. I'm educating myself and caring for myself!!!!

Hang in there! Remember why you started doing this!!!!!!
  • carolynneerlenbach
    Options
    What do you all think a fair time frame for loss should be? 1.5-2 pounds a week? Thanks
  • CagedBirdSings
    CagedBirdSings Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wait, I'm confused. Someone else posted your comments from your page and you went from 268 to 117 and now want to tone. So you've accomplished a lot. Anyway, assuming you are talking about being discouraged while toning???????
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    What do you all think a fair time frame for loss should be? 1.5-2 pounds a week? Thanks

Just as a general rule of thumb:
    If you have more than 75 lbs to lose: 2 lbs/week
    40-75 lbs to lose: 1.5 lbs/week
    10-40 lbs: 1 lb/week
    Less than 10 lbs: 0.5 lb/week
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I really hope your diary is inaccurate. First of all, you've surpassed your weight goal and your profile says you have "toning" to do. Then your diary says your goal is 1270 and you're actually eating 400-1000 calories per day. Why the hell....?

Eating less isn't going to "tone" you, even if that word meant anything, which is doesn't. If you want your body to look better, you need to be lifting; lifting heavy being the ideal. If you ARE lifting, you should be eating WAY more calories than you are.

Seriously. What the hell....?
  • licorice_tea
    licorice_tea Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    From your post in another thread about previously having sufferred from bulimia (you described binging and purging), I'm not sure you've recovered entirely :( It sounds like while you may no longer suffer from the b/p cycle, your diary shows that you are restricting heavily and it sounds like you are unhappy with your body weight no matter how low you go. I really hope you can reach out and talk to someone because these are really serious and huge issues that need to be worked through with a caring therapist and MFP can't really help you beyond encouraging you to seek the help you need so you can have the life you deserve. I wish you all the best <3