Ugh... loose skin

Options
I have lost 65ish pounds since February. The skin on my stomach is not looking so lovey. I have been looking into firming moisturizers; I found great reviews for this Neutrogena Firming with Copper, but alas, it seems as though they no longer make it.

Any suggestions?

Again this is for skin concerns I care a lot less about cellulite.

Thank you!

Replies

• TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    The skin on my belly is very saggy too. 2 10lb babies did it to me. I'd love to hear what others say.
  • Yarnpiggie
    Options
    *watches this thread*
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I have saggy skin on my thighs above my knees! Sadly, I don't think there's much to do about it:grumble:
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I have been using a lotion and body wrap product that I order since I started losing weight. My skin has really kept up well over the last 6 months. I've also seen other people get some good results too.
  • cardbucfan
    Options
    I have been using a lotion and body wrap product that I order since I started losing weight. My skin has really kept up well over the last 6 months. I've also seen other people get some good results too.

What's it called??????
  • mrsshides
    Options
    I too have this problem...i also had a baby over a year ago and just cant get it back :(
  • Aeriel
    Options

What's it called??????

I don't think I am allowed to say much, because of the advertising rules on the site. Its a body applicator from a company called "It Works"
  • SandraMay1982
    Options
    apparently just massaging the areas can help a bit. it gets blood flowing there and the blood flow helps firm it a bit. My sister saw this on tv, so I don't know *how* much it works. But. if it's just laying there rubbing your problem areas for half an hour a night, what's it going to hurt? *L*
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I don't think I am allowed to say much, because of the advertising rules on the site. Its a body applicator from a company called "It Works"
    I'm pretty sure you can tell people you like a product unless you are the one selling it.
  • Aeriel
    Options
    I'm pretty sure you can tell people you like a product unless you are the one selling it.

That is the problem, I use it and I signed up as a distributor for the discount. Hence the problems with discussing it in the forum.
  • janiedoe111
    janiedoe111 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am trying 'dry skin brushing'. Not sure about the results at this point, but I'll keep you posted
    apparently just massaging the areas can help a bit. it gets blood flowing there and the blood flow helps firm it a bit. My sister saw this on tv, so I don't know *how* much it works. But. if it's just laying there rubbing your problem areas for half an hour a night, what's it going to hurt? *L*
  • Memah
    Memah Posts: 129
    Options
    Sootymae, I think you're on to something. When I broke my leg last Feb. my physical therapist massaged my leg to "get rid of the debris" and get blood flowing again. I was dealing with a lot of swelling. My niece, who is an occupational therapist, showed me how to gently massage the area starting with the top part of my leg (knee) in a sort of effleurage, going all the way down. It did work.

So I am also looking for something that will help with saggy skin. I might start doing that same thing. My areas of concern are stomach, thighs and knees.

I will check back here to see what everyone has to say.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting and cardio exercise would work better than creams. The muscles underneath with improve the look of the skin.
  • cardbucfan
    Options
    Weight lifting and cardio exercise would work better than creams. The muscles underneath with improve the look of the skin.

I do lift and do tons of cardio. Mine is more of an age thing than a weight loss thing-loss of elasticity where your skin gets "crepey". Heck, I'll try massaging, can't hurt and if it's a cream, maybe I'll get smooth supple skin!