NSV - I can't believe it!

quark3
quark3 Posts: 17 Member
For over 10 years I have never been able to fit into Old Navy clothes. Ever. In fact, it used to make me cry because even their XXL size didn't fit and I was a size 16 in other brands.

Yesterday, I went to Old Navy with my oldest and thought I'd give it a whirl. After losing 48 pounds, I not only fit some super cute items, they weren't even XL's. I rocked a great dress all day today and it was a Large. A LARGE! Holy cow. I wanted to scream from the rooftops, post it all over social media, send texts but then I realized the place I wanted to share this milestone was on MFP.

It's been a long journey to reach the 48 pounds lost (1 year) and I'm only half way there. I hope this silly NSV victory of mine can help provide virtual support to anyone who feels down or isn't seeing results fast enough. Good luck everyone and please share your NSVs too!

Replies

• michelle_816
    michelle_816 Posts: 621 Member
    That is an awesome NSV :happy:

Would love to see this dress that you rocked all day!

Keep up the great work!
  • lofeisgood
    lofeisgood Posts: 8 Member
    Great job!!!You are so inspiring! Thank you for your post!:flowerforyou:
  • nina4w
    nina4w Posts: 126 Member
    Yay! :) Good job to you!
  • darlenenelson9277
    darlenenelson9277 Posts: 2 Member
    I have lost 56 pounds, but have been at a standstill for a few months, very discouraging , but we must plug on. I still would like to lose another 75 - 80 pounds. I've not been consistent on here, but need to be or I won't lose them. Please help me by helping you.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,321 Member
    That is a big accomplishment ..an xl is pretty great. You should be proud and feel encouraged. Keep up your great work…enjoy your life.
  • scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Sweet accomplishment!! *high fives* I know how good that must feel. First time I went to Old Navy with my friend I basically held her purse and tried on silly clearance-rack hats...

Edited: Re-read your post and since you asked - Went to Kohl's today with that same friend and managed to squeeze my butt into a pair of jeans from the juniors section! I didn't buy them because they were $50 and still just a smidge too small, but that's one step closer to cute jeans cut the way I like 'em. lol
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    It really is the little things, like being able to walk into whatever store you want to, and buy anything off the rack.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,425 Member
    That's an amazing NSV.
    Congratulations.
  • quark3
    quark3 Posts: 17 Member
    @darlenenelson - I have plateaued as well. I think I need to begin exercising more and adding weight training. Have you tried that yet? It sure is frustrating to plateau but it's great that we're not gaining, right? :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!