Have you learned to love running?

Options
13»

Replies

• ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I hated it when started, but stuck with it because my trainer talked me into doing a 5k. That progressed into 10k, into triathlons and half marathons. Somewhere along the way I started to love it. Now it is my stress relief. I was out for several months due to injury, and it was torturous.

I think it was when I had built up to being able to run 5 miles comfortably that I began to love it. If you want to give running a shot, first get away from the treadmill. Take it slow and run at a comfortable pace where you can still carry on a conversation. C25k is very popular and worth trying. For me, I hated the run/walk thing. My trainer had got me up to running a mile with him. So from there I just gradually added on - running 1.5 and walking 1.5, then running 2 and walking 1, running 2.5 and walking .5, until I was running the 3 miles.

And if after trying it a fair try, you decide you still hate running - then don't run. There's lots of other physical activity you could do. Why waste your time with something you hate. Find something you enjoy, and go with it.