52 and 210

Options
Obviously have a lot of weight to lose and am just looking for support while I do it. Have tried a bizillion diets and plans but have only become worse: sleep apnea, sore joints, stiff back, hot flash city...yikes. Anyone else there experiencing this most difficult challenge of losing weight to find health once again?

Replies

• Audi68
    Audi68 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    You are not alone my friend. I wanted to improve my health and how I feel, that is why I joined MFP!!

I am sending you a friend request and would be happy to support you along with lots of other people here. You are going to love this site. No majic pills, powder, or potions, just basic calories in and calories out. Be sure to log everything you eat and try to get some kind of exercise in every day even if it is just going for a walk.
  • rcsewell
    rcsewell Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm going to bet that nearly everyone here can say, "Yep!" At 52 and 209 myself, I know I can.

Well, except for the hot flashes. :wink: But my wife had 'em, I know they aren't pleasant.

Hang in there, we'll find something that works, and this program is helping me at least by helping me figure out what all I'm eating and hopefully how to change that.
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. My blood pressure went from high, to pretty good, to it couldn't be better since I've joined this site. I feel better, sleep better, joints are better and well hey I look better too!