should i trust new scales

Options
so this week i am away from home and my scales which i am addicted to and confess to weighing daily
this week i am with my in laws having a lovely time and was intending on not weighing while i was away however mum in law has scales and so couldnt resist and it read a one pound loss GREAT! as i have been walking loads, using a stationary bike and not snacking etc however its more difficult to log food while i am away and not the one preparing meals i dont know whether i should trust this number as one never used these scales before and two scales accuracy can be slightly different cant it? just dont want to be disappointed once i get home

Replies

• jakicooke
    jakicooke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    don't trust it - don't weigh on them. Leave it until you are home.

enjoy your break away but keep making the best choices you can food and exercise wise - you sound like you are doing well.

my home scales weigh me a full 7lb lighter than my scales at the gym but I always take the gym scales weight.

keep going
  • plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Scales can be different, but you never know, when you get home, your scales may say you have lost 2lbs!! Personally, i would take that reading as a spur to help me stay on track as best as i can while away, but if you get home and your scales show less weight loss, just think about the great time you had and get back on your plan at home where you are more in control. But it sounds like you are doing the right things, so fingers crossed your scales agree :)
  • freshstart180213
    freshstart180213 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    i figured that would be the case thats why i havent and wont make it "official" so to speak and logged it on here hoping it is the same when i get home tho

and im over half way to my original target i have another 23lbs to go there is nothing no plateau or bad day that will stop me now in fact just gonna work harder to ensure that one pound will defo be off by the time i get home :)
  • jakicooke
    jakicooke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    i figured that would be the case thats why i havent and wont make it "official" so to speak and logged it on here hoping it is the same when i get home tho

and im over half way to my original target i have another 23lbs to go there is nothing no plateau or bad day that will stop me now in fact just gonna work harder to ensure that one pound will defo be off by the time i get home :)

what a fantastic attitude to have. hats off to you!
  • freshstart180213
    freshstart180213 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    ty jaki my ToM will be upon me in a week or so and believe me when the scales go haywire my attitude will truly stink lol but yeah i am in this 100% i want to look good and i plan on getting there i have set some huge milestones and intend to go through with them one i want to wear my first ever bikini on holibobs next year and two i intend to run my first ever race a 10km next august so i am gonna battle on to get there