Old School Favs!

Options
AmberElaine84
AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
C'mon guys, dish 'em out!! My sister introduced me to Grooveshark tonight and I am in HEAVEN!!! I am finding all my old favorites that bring back memories of being a teen!! Macy Gray, Dexter Freebish, HANSON (LOVE, love, LOVE Hanson. Laugh if you want, but they still make me get all dreamy!!! :heart: ) Marcy Playground, Dave Matthews, Matchbox 20, Savage Garden.. so MANY! :love:

Can't wait to get an ipod for running, you can bet your booty these old classics will fill it up!!

What are some of your old favorites????

Replies

• ginnyroxx
    Options
    this post makes me feel old.

LOL
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    this post makes me feel old.

LOL

ditto.... if those are "old classics", how does one even begin to discuss Sly and the Family Stone?
  • AmberElaine84
    Options
    Hey, ANY classics..from ANY time!!! What are they?!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Guns N Roses, Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch. lol Oh! And Ace of Base, Boyz 2 Men. Wow. haha I'm only 21, but I loved the music my older sisters listened to.
  • AmberElaine84
    Options
    Maybe I should rename this thread "YOUR old school favs!!!" :wink:
  • AmberElaine84
    Options
    I also grew up listening to my older sister's favorites...Whitesnake, Bon Jovi, Poison, Def Leopard....I love them all!!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options

Amber, my sister is your age, so I heard all the same stuff she did. haha I remember when Eminem first came out. Also when Brittany Spears was still "innocent" and released her first album. "Hit Me Baby, One More Time!" BAHAHA

Also, you spelled Def Lepard wrong. haha
  • AmberElaine84
    Options

Amber, my sister is your age, so I heard all the same stuff she did. haha I remember when Eminem first came out. Also when Brittany Spears was still "innocent" and released her first album. "Hit Me Baby, One More Time!" BAHAHA

Lol! Thanks for pointing that out!! I used to love Brittany Spears. My best friend and I would lip sync to her songs and record videos of ourselves doing it. :blushing:
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options

Lol! Thanks for pointing that out!! I used to love Brittany Spears. My best friend and I would lip sync to her songs and record videos of ourselves doing it. :blushing:

OMFG!!! You have to find one of those and share it. haha
  • AmberElaine84
    Options
    I also have some of us doing that to Hanson..FORTUNATELY for ME, they are all on VHS and I have NO clue how to switch it over to DVD. Only ONE person outside of my husband and best friend has seen the videos, and she is not in my life anymore, so I'm not worried!! :laugh:
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    I also have some of us doing that to Hanson..FORTUNATELY for ME, they are all on VHS and I have NO clue how to switch it over to DVD. Only ONE person outside of my husband and best friend has seen the videos, and she is not in my life anymore, so I'm not worried!! :laugh:

I have a video like that. lol I was 6, and in a Christmas concert as a penguin and I was moving to the song and we were supposed to be standing still. The song made a dizzy noise, and I acted like I was dizzy. It looks hilarious. FIVE minutes of torture for me when my mom showed it to my husband. lol
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    I also grew up listening to my older sister's favorites...Whitesnake, Bon Jovi, Poison, Def Leopard....I love them all!!

Your older sister rocks!
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    Options

So did you. Just sayin'.

I seem to never like music that is popular with my age group (I am 26). When I was a kid I listened to Billy Joel, Lionel Ritchie, The Dire Straits, Bruce Hornsby and The Range.

I did like Alanis Morissette when Jagged Little Pill came out. But I *still* listen to that album.

As a teen I was pretty obsessed with Oasis (I still love me some Liam Gallagher!) and The Temptations. I even saw the Temptations live.

I always hated Eminem, Britney, and all the boy bands (their music, that is: I am utterly indifferent to their existence), though I am 26 and should have been the right demographic. I revolt against things that are too popular for some reason. Hence never having read a Harry Potter book or seen any of the movies.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options

So did you. Just sayin'.

tongue.gif
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    Options

So did you. Just sayin'.

[img]http://i106.photobucket.com /albums/m242/axiemeluv/Smiley/tongue.gif[/img]

Can dish it out, but can't take it, eh? I see. :)
  • AmberElaine84
    Options

Your older sister rocks!

She TOTALLY rocks. She is my ABSOLUTE BEST friend EVER! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • AmberElaine84
    Options

So did you. Just sayin'.

I seem to never like music that is popular with my age group (I am 26). When I was a kid I listened to Billy Joel, Lionel Ritchie, The Dire Straits, Bruce Hornsby and The Range.

I did like Alanis Morissette when Jagged Little Pill came out. But I *still* listen to that album.

As a teen I was pretty obsessed with Oasis (I still love me some Liam Gallagher!) and The Temptations. I even saw the Temptations live.

I always hated Eminem, Britney, and all the boy bands (their music, that is: I am utterly indifferent to their existence), though I am 26 and should have been the right demographic. I revolt against things that are too popular for some reason. Hence never having read a Harry Potter book or seen any of the movies.

I have always been in and out when it comes to popularity. I will tell you one thing though...I refuse to watch Harry Potter!! I have never read any of the books or seen any of the movies. BUT I will admit that I love Twilight, no matter how popular!!

Also, thanks for reminding me that I like Alanis Morisette. Love the whole Jagged Little Pill album. Don't like Eminem...can't believe the way he talks and the things he "raps" about!
  • jtgill
    jtgill Posts: 48
    Options
    Lip sync while I video taped it!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAAAAA!
  • AmberElaine84
    Options
    Lip sync while I video taped it!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

Crap. Downfall to introducing your sister to MFP...she remembers things you don't want her to!!!