Blew it this week

Options
msarro
msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
I don't know what happened, I was doing amazing for about a month. Then one splurge weekend for graduation, and mothers day and I haven't been able to get back in with my old eating habits. It seems like if I have food from my parents, or an excess of sweet food that I made for my friends and I, I must eat it. I don't even think about it.. its just in my mouth.

Luckily, the extra food is gone now, I threw most of it away last night because I couldn't stand having it around anymore. Why am I so weak? Why doesn't it happen when I make the food myself - like, if its healthy food? I don't binge on tofu - but vegetarian cookies? Frozen yogurt? I'm a hoover vacuum. I just don't get it.

Replies

• msarro
    Options
    I don't know what happened, I was doing amazing for about a month. Then one splurge weekend for graduation, and mothers day and I haven't been able to get back in with my old eating habits. It seems like if I have food from my parents, or an excess of sweet food that I made for my friends and I, I must eat it. I don't even think about it.. its just in my mouth.

Luckily, the extra food is gone now, I threw most of it away last night because I couldn't stand having it around anymore. Why am I so weak? Why doesn't it happen when I make the food myself - like, if its healthy food? I don't binge on tofu - but vegetarian cookies? Frozen yogurt? I'm a hoover vacuum. I just don't get it.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Call it what it is. A speed bump on the road to better health. In the long run, it's not that big of a deal, learn from it, analyze what made you do it, recognize the triggers, and don't put yourself in that situation anymore. :happy:

If you recognize it for a momentary error in judgement, the you can move forward and chalk it up to life experience!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I'm a firm believer in the whole "addiction" theory. That is to say, I am a junkie when it comes to:
    sugar and refined flour. If I eat one cookie, I need (partially physically, IMHO) one MILLION cookies. I find that when I go "cold turkey" after a rough patch (my last major one was around Easter. . .damn cadbury frickin' eggs) I go through withdrawal, where I would do "almost anything":wink: for a sugary something.

Other people call it "trigger foods". I've also noticed that when I'm eating junky food, I stay hungry, even right after I've eaten. I think this is due to the fact that a McDonald's meal (ohmygod, I can actually smell the french fries now) has so little nutrition in it (but lots o'calories). After I eat a 2000 calorie meal at McDonald's, I find I'm actually still hungry. I've taken to saying "there's no food in this food." And I stay away from those foods like the plague.

That's my two cents.

Now climb back on up this wagon, friend.
  • msarro
    Options
    Thanks guys... just thought after a month I'd have it 'out of my system.' I forgot I spent a lifetime with these behaviors... a month isn't going to get rid of them.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Call it what it is. A speed bump on the road to better health. In the long run, it's not that big of a deal, learn from it, analyze what made you do it, recognize the triggers, and don't put yourself in that situation anymore. :happy:

If you recognize it for a momentary error in judgement, the you can move forward and chalk it up to life experience!

Ditto. Well said Banks!
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I spent a lifetime with these behaviors... a month isn't going to get rid of them.
    [/quote]
    SO TRUE :ohwell:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I saw something on Spark people that I was waiting to share, and this seems like the perfect time.
    It said.
    DID YOU FORGET TO BRUSH YOUR TEETH LAST NIGHT?
    If you did do you feel so bad about yourself that you are going to chuck your toothbrush in the trash and never use it again?
    And while you are at it lets forget about that shower or hair brush. No need because DANG IT!!!
    you forgot to brush your teeth! You are a failure!
    If this seems silly to you AND IT SHOULD then why when we fall off the wagon one or two days with our eating plans, do we think that we need to chuck the whole thing. I mean whats the point? I ate a piece of pie with Whipped cream on top, My diet is a failure and so am I is JUST as silly a statment.
    SO If you miss a workout, If you eat the wrong things, We should not feel so bad about ourselves!
    Just get back on track tomorrow.
    After all as Scarlotte O'Hara said.
    Tomorrow IS another DAY!.
    --Diann... :flowerforyou:
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, one treat turns into a week long pig out! If I can convince myself to consider each meal, snack or "those other foods that make it into mouth" as a new oppertunity to do good it helps. Otherwise I think, I screwed up today, I will start being good tomorrow. Of course one slip tomorrow puts it off.

LOG everyday even if it looks bad!!!!!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    good advice and I totally agree!!!

I used to really throw in the towel when I'd have a slip up and then the whole day I'd be even worse...or week!!! ugh not good!! its taken me time too...I still struggle myself...going on 5 mths too! but it does get easier!!!

just one of those days....we have to learn to just keep on going!!! I know you'll do great!

AND I love the new pic!!!! what are you playin?!!!:glasses:

hugs!
    Ali