Stupid Exercise Calories (yeah I said it)

Options
2»

Replies

• Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    The goal isn't necessarily to zero out your net calorie intake, ya know. If I only eat 1200 cals (and my intake goal is 1200) and exercise 300 cals off... then I'm +300 in my net. which is GOOD. You don't want to ADD another 300 cals of food to make sure it all comes out to 0. Being in the positive of net cals is good. Negative is bad. You keep balancing it out, and you won't get anywhere. You won't gain weight, nor will you lose weight. It's like a stalemate.

No, remember that your 1200 calories is already -500 to lose!

I'll use me as an example:

I need 1700 per day to stay at my same weight
    1700-500=1200 (goal per day)
    1200-600 burned exercise calories= 600 calories! If I don't eat those 600 back I would only be giving my body 600 calories per day.
    Not a good idea. Thin and healthy are not the same thing.

Edit: As I read more I see this was already explained...sorry to be redundant

I think you should add in more snacks and add a little more calories to each meal. Eat peanut butter with apple slices instead of just the apple. Add cheese to broccoli, whole wheat toast and egg for breakfast, shrimp to a salad, avocado to sandwich and or salad, ect. You can also add milk to meals if you need a bit extra. The cheese and other little extras do add up quick!
  • mamaisis09
    Options
    Thanks for all of the replies, I have realized a lot of my serving sizes I put in over the past week were wrong... (woops) so I readjusted and realized I was over on my calories 3 days!!!! But yeah, I'll stay comfortable eating withing 300 calories of my allowance including exercise! I really do appreciate it! I'm trying to eat a bigger breakfast too, v8 fusion, granola bar and pineapple this morning... then nutella and ritz crackers for snack... not too terrible. A good amount of calories, not too many carbs and average sodium.
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    I feel the same way. And mine is only about 1700 with the exercise cals. I have a hard time eating more than 1500. Not mentally making myself eat it, but physically: my stomach just isn't that big anymore. Unless I ate total crap loaded with fat and sugar, I just can't get that many cals.

Produce just isn't high calorie and most of the things I'm eating aren't either: high fiber soups and cereals and lowfat protein: none of it is very cal-heavy. I end up eating like 2 servings of random snacky things (sesame rice crackers and triscuits, that kind of thing) just to get CLOSE to where it says I should be.

I just ate lunch: a cup of white bean chicken chili, 6 trsicuits and a yellow bell pepper and I feel like I just had Thanksgiving dinner. I'm stuffed. And it was less than 350 cals.

You can eat calorie dense foods that are still healthy such as nuts, avocados, etc......You won't be consuming as much food, but more calories.

HTH,
    Erin