Need ideas for Hubby's Advent Calender! Help please!

jalara
jalara Posts: 2,599 Member
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
Hey all! So my husband and I have a Christmas tradition of a cute little wooden Advent Calender that we put little presents into for each other. He does odd days, and I do even days.

Well, thankfully yesterdy was an odd day, but today is my day to leave a little something for him and I am STUMPED. It can't be much larger than an 1.5 inches, unless it bends, and I don't want to just give him candy. I want to give him a little gift.

Last night mine was a string of beads (I make jewwllery) and a stamp (for scrapbooking). But his only hobby is golf, and he has way too many tees and golf balls already!

Women are easy to buy for.... but men.... I'm clueless - help please!

Replies

• Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Tickets to a movie you want to see (double bonus - a gift for him, something you want to see and a date night).
    Gift certificate to a restaurant
    Certificate for an intimate massage from you
    You can make it a treasure hunt - so the bigger gift can be in another part of the house and you just put the first clue in the
    calendar

I think this is a great idea and could be lots of fun just think outside the box.

- Eva
  • massage coupon
    "special" massage coupon (wink wink, nudge nudge)
    those hot pocket thingies that you keep in your gloves to stay warm
    good quality nail clippers
    a lighter
    key chain
    skull cap folded really really tight
    mini lego character (Star Wars Guys are usually a hit)
    mini flashlight
    ViVa instant hot coffee packages (is that the Starbuck's one? I hear they're fab)
    airplane bottle of liqueur
    a poem
    a dirty limerick
    packet of nuts
    hand creme
    Book darts (book mark)
    small tape measure
    carabiner clips
    watch
    ring
    bracelet
    fishing lures
    compass
    kazoo
    harmonica

let me know if you need more ideas
  • karenkemp105
    karenkemp105 Posts: 1 Member
    I know this won't fit into the box...but have you ever gone to www.golfballs.com. Lots of great golf ideas.
  • mamacremers
    mamacremers Posts: 183 Member
    Hey all! So my husband and I have a Christmas tradition of a cute little wooden Advent Calender that we put little presents into for each other. He does odd days, and I do even days.

Well, thankfully yesterdy was an odd day, but today is my day to leave a little something for him and I am STUMPED. It can't be much larger than an 1.5 inches, unless it bends, and I don't want to just give him candy. I want to give him a little gift.

Last night mine was a string of beads (I make jewwllery) and a stamp (for scrapbooking). But his only hobby is golf, and he has way too many tees and golf balls already!

Women are easy to buy for.... but men.... I'm clueless - help please!

This isn't helpful, but all the ads on this page for me are for gifts... Hilarious!
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Ooooo, Iove this idea! I totally agree with the certificates idea and the treasure hunt too.

Other small ideas:

Flash Drive
    Key Chains
    Rings
    Fun pair of dice
    Whistle
    A teeny tiny teddy bear (from Michael's?) - you can mist some of your perfume on it
    Scrabble Tile pendant (artsy - TONS available on Etsy.com)
    1" Button/Flair (again, you can find fun/funky, cute ones on Etsy.com)
    Figurine of some sort for his desk
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    a golf ball marker. I have one that clips onto my hat that has my college team emblem on it. Something like that my fit.
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,599 Member
    Thanks everyone! I certainly took some of you up on your ideas!!!

So far so good. Wahoo!
This discussion has been closed.