suana baking....helllp

Options
I'm currently in the sauna....does this do anything or am I baking like a lobster for no reson? Answers please...cause if it does nothing I'm running out this hot box

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    From http://www.health.harvard.edu/press_releases/sauna_health_benefits

A saunas’ dry heat (which can get as high as 185° F) has profound effects on the body. Skin temperature soars to about 104° F within minutes. The average person will pour out a pint of sweat during a short stint in a sauna. The pulse rate jumps by 30% or more, allowing the heart to nearly double the amount of blood it pumps each minute. Most of the extra blood flow is directed to the skin; in fact, the circulation actually shunts blood away from the internal organs. Blood pressure is unpredictable, rising in some people but falling in others.

“All in all, saunas appear safe for the body, but there is little evidence that they have health benefits above and beyond relaxation and a feeling of well-being,” says Dr. Harvey Simon, editor-in-chief of Harvard Men’s Health Watch.
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in the sauna....does this do anything or am I baking like a lobster for no reson? Answers please...cause if it does nothing I'm running out this hot box

do you have a computer in the sauna with you!??! :noway:
  • JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Idk what it does for weight loss, but man I LOVE it. I lay in there for over 30 minutes. I guess some people reallllly don't like the heat huh? I find it completely relaxing!
  • HazelDiva1913
    HazelDiva1913 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info....lol no I have my cell phone w me lol