Lunch Options

ironmule2042
ironmule2042 Posts: 103
edited September 22 in Recipes
So I've been eating microwave meals for lunch for a while now because they were easy to track and just plan convenient. I work in an office and we don't have a full kitchen to make much. It's time I switched to something better for me but I don't want to get to complicated either. I was hoping you could help me out with suggestions that meet my below requirements and are still filling.

Meal requirements: Under 400 calories, Lower sodium meals. Easy to make.

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Chicken or Turkey breast sandwich! w/ lettuce & a slice of cheese.
    gives you the protein to keep you feeling full longer, easy to make (can make the night before), easy to eat at a desk etc.
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    I make homemade weight watcher turkey chili, stews and soups. Freeze them in 1 cup (or whatever works for you) servings and grab them just as you now grab your frozen meal in the morning.
  • I usually make extra at supper so that whatever is leftover becomes lunch the next day.
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    I love a salad, with grilled chicken on top, and fat free dressing.

or soup and sandwich.

or a sandwich with a regular garden salad
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    I make homemade weight watcher turkey chili, stews and soups. Freeze them in 1 cup (or whatever works for you) servings and grab them just as you now grab your frozen meal in the morning.

this is brilliant!!! i'm going to do this :)) thankssss!!
  • MISTTIMG
    MISTTIMG Posts: 136
    Turkey or chicken sandwiches are a good ideal, I recommend "Columbus" herb roasted turkey breast, I get it at Costco and it's wonderful! Reduced sodium and 99% fat free!
  • I do turkey wraps on a wheat tortilla, lower carbs than bread :) I also do soups and salads I make at home and bring. In a pinch Ive used a cheese stick and a rolled up piece of turkey :) Soething else thats good is a slice of turkey lunch meat, smear on some laughing cow low fat sheese, and roll it arouns a dill pickle spear...yummy!
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    I make a couple dishes from quinoa (a cooked grain that has more protein than brown rice, but you could use brown rice instead)--cook a bunch of it over a weekend, add cooked chicken pieces (or turkey or beef) and any kind of cooked veggie, like roasted carrots, sauteed zucchini, celery, onion--whatever, then just add a bit of low-cal dressing, i.e. lemon juice and olive oil, or low-fat Girard's champagne dressing (I love that stuff!) Another way, I add quinoa to shrimp, diced cucumbers, tomato, cilantro, scallions, and add lime juice.

Another lunch I'll make is take baby spinach leaves, add tuna, and add whatever you like: hard-boiled egg, artichoke hearts, green olives, cucumbers, etc. and make a dijon vinaigrette (1 T. olive oil, 2 T. white wine vinegar, and 1/2 T. dijon mustard, and whisk together).

All have lean protein, veggies, and whole-grain carbs.

In all of the above cases, you can make a bunch, separate them into measured serving containers, and grab and go.
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Bumping for that quinona idea ~ thanks!
  • Thanks to everyone for the great ideas... :-)
This discussion has been closed.