Plexus Slim - Pink Drink -- anyone try it?

Options
Hi I am iterested in tyring the Plexus Slim drink. But only take the drink without any accelorators or supplaments. Has anyone tried just that? What were your results?

I do diet and eat 1200 calories a day and work out (zumba, tennis, lift weights). I read a lot of success stories, my sister in law has great results and ive seen it. Just curious if anyone else has been on it and what you think. Please no sales pitches, just your honest review. Are you on any meds or have side effects?

I have dropped 15 lbs just need that extra push and im reading a lot of people dropping inches bc it control sugar cravings which is actually how fat is stored.

Thanks,

Replies

• jgray14321
    jgray14321 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I tried it in January before starting MFP because a family member was selling it. I lost about 5 lbs in the first two weeks....and then put it all back on the next week without changing anything. Personally, it caused me to crave sugar MORE than I had before I started and my body started to hurt. Every time the seller would "check in" to see how I was doing and I told them I hadn't lost, I was constantly urged to add a different and increasingly expensive product. The whole mentality was, "Well, everyone else lost so YOU must be doing something wrong." I finally just threw in the towel and am so glad I did. I have more energy after kicking that stuff to the curb - and a lot more money!

Long story short, please don't waste your money. It's very expensive and doesn't work in the long run.You've already done so well and you can continue to do so. Why start the shortcuts now? You'll have a much better chance of keeping the weight off and will feel better if you keep doing what you are doing.
  • iheath
    iheath Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your honest review. That is what I have been reading. Some people lose other GAIN the weight. Bodies are made differently and i know that. I dont have an issues with sugar, so this is why I think it would have the same effect on me, to want to crave suggar since it supresses it making your body need the sugar. I dont crave sweets now and i feel this is for people who have that sweet tooth all the time and helps.

I just hit a platou and cant get going again no matter what i do... I guess just over time it will happen... gotta be paitent and like you said i have lost 15lbs already doing it the best way.. natural! :)

Thanks,
  • curious376
    curious376 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I sell plexus slim and I do like it, I have noticed my afternoon sugar craves are gone which is great I don't even think about em. I eat 1200 calories plus I do go to the gym and try to burn 600 calories within 30 mminutes..the plexus has helped curb my binge eating I used to do all the time. I don't feel sick or lightheaded on it, I am very sensitive to diet pills they would affect my sleep but plexus does not. if you have any questions message me and let me know
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    iheath wrote: »
    im reading a lot of people dropping inches bc it control sugar cravings which is actually how fat is stored.

No, fat is stored when you eat too many calories.

• girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    No sales pitches! Saying diet and exercise aren't needed is such a red flag. OP be patient, keep doing what has been working for you (perhaps eat a little bit more, you are pretty low which may be stressing your body which could elevate cortisol and lead to water retention. )
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    The proscribed diet and exercise that they recommend is what works, that drink will do nothing for you.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    No. Don't do it. I've lost almost 28 lbs since January 25 (weighing in Monday...we'll see if I hit the magic 28 number or not..it's close!) by simply ...using MFP to monitor my calorie intake and..here is the key I think...monitor my macros. If I eat enough "filling foods" to make sure I get enough protein, iron, calcium, potassium, fiber, etc...I am not "starving" or "craving sugar" (and I was seriously a sugar junkie) all the time. Seriously.
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    curious376 wrote: »
    I sell plexus slim and I do like it, I have noticed my afternoon sugar craves are gone which is great I don't even think about em. I eat 1200 calories plus I do go to the gym and try to burn 600 calories within 30 mminutes..the plexus has helped curb my binge eating I used to do all the time. I don't feel sick or lightheaded on it, I am very sensitive to diet pills they would affect my sleep but plexus does not. if you have any questions message me and let me know

What do you do at the gym in 30 minutes to get that (or even close to) burn in 30 minutes? I busted it for 75 minutes walking 4 mph yesterday and even MFP's overestimated burns were 431.