New to The Site.

Options
I have been dealing with weight issues every since my injury 4 years ago. I remember the day when I was in the military and I couldn't even gain a pound of fat. Nevertheless we would be working out all day long. I gained the most weight 3 years ago, topping out at 245 pounds. The biggest I ever been. I finally decided to lose the all the weight after the birth of my son.

I joined weight watchers with my wife and saw a dramatic change in my eating habits, as well as the weight loss. I actually made it down to 215 lbs within 6 months - 8 months (with vigorous cardio workout's daily for about 45 mins). I even started the p90x program after receiving it from a friend. Which would have most likely worked if I kept with it. But watching a T.V. for an hour, repeating the same workouts does get tiring (lasted 1 month).

About 2 months ago I re-gained some weight and made my way back to 225-230 pounds. thupppp....

I read an article online about a month ago about a gentleman who lost about 30 lbs just eating junk food and counting his calories everyday. I've decided this has to be the way to lose those pounds again. Not eating junk food!
Let the journey begin.

Goal: 185 lbs by February 2011.....

Replies

• murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hi, Welcome. You should Do the P90X again and this time make sure your logging into beachbody and talkng with folks who are in the same situation doing the same exercises. It helps alot. I couldn't have done it without the support of my coach and the people on the message boards here and there. Good luck. Feel free to friend me and I can help motivate you when needed.
    murf19
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Counting calories is a big help for me. When I got serious and started counting I could Not believe how many calories were in a Culvers Shake.:brokenheart: :sad: No wonder I was gaining sooo bad. So, needless to say, they are off the list for a very long time.:smile:

All my best to you and remember You Can Do It!!!
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Welcome !
  • pociusm
    Options
    I have rejoined the gym for about five weeks now and I am working out every morning for an hour. I have also decided to incorporate cardio once again. Started today with a stationary bicycle for 15 mins at a vigorous effort. I plan on using the gym at my office once again for cardio. 3x a week. Thanks for the info on Beachbody.