Fitness Instructors

Options
Hi All,

I've always enjoyed fitness and gym life, but had let myself slip since having children. My parents didn't educate me properly as far a food was concerned, and I was hit with, "Clear your plate, there are starving people in Africa that would be more than grateful for a meal like that!" So developed issues around leaving food on my plate!

Now through MFP and a sensible gym routine, I have rediscovered the joys of a healthy lifestyle and was thinking that becoming a fitness instructor would make an interesting career change. I was an instructor of English abroad but this is not something I can go back to now that I have little ones to think about, I know how unsettling it can be to have a childhood where you are constantly being moved about the place, so we are determined to keep our kids as settled as possible. I have tried setting up a language school here for the migrant workers but the current economic climate means they are not so keep to invest in English Classes! PT seems to kill two birds with one stone!

I am interested to hear from Fitness Instructors and Personal Trainers already working in the business? What path did you take to get there? Do you have to look like Adonis to coach fitness? How much did it cost you and are those training centre qualifications worth the paper they are written on? Does coaching help you maintain your fitness levels and is the job rewarding and enjoyable or tiring and stressful?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Best Wishes,

Chrystal