Sick of body wraps and waist cinchers

prettigirl01
prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
I really want to delete my instagram and fb pages because its all over the place. why do people waste money on this crap then show before and after pics trying to persuade people that this has worked for them? the only reason they look the way they do is not because of the wraps or cinchers but because they watched what they ate, drank plenty of water and worked out. I will admit I was a victim of those wraps. Tried it 3 times and the result that I did saw I wasnt convinced it was due to the product. You cant tell people what to do with their money but I wish more would be careful about what they invest their time and money into. But if any of you have tried either product I would love to hear about how it worked for you or if it didn't at all

Replies

• LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    ppl r dumb.
  • SuzieMae78
    SuzieMae78 Posts: 52 Member
    Glad im not the only one that feels the same, so dumb and a waste of time and money.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Don't delete your page, delete those promoting the crap.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    I'm about to unfriend two different people on Facebook because all they do is try and sell the wraps. No thank you, it is just a temporary fix, and I'm in this for the long haul.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Eh... I just hide their posts... mostly because they are my friends (usually long time ones at that) and I care about them in everyway BUT that one.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    I worked with a girl who had wrap parties! You have no idea how hard it is to bite your tongue and politely decline once a freakin week! lol I used to think she was a smart girl.......now not so much!!!:laugh:
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Simple truth: Everybody wants a quick fix

People will convince themselves this crap works, let then. You know better. And when they ask YOU for your trick, tell them all you needed was to work out and have a deficit.
  • It will always be this way , always has been , some people are compulsive shoppers and just buy things etc..
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    I have a friend who sells these on FB. She keeps trying to sell them to me. NO. NO. NO. I've put her on ignore.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Is it worse to post about body wraps or to post about others posting about body wraps?
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Is it worse to post about body wraps or to post about others posting about body wraps?

Getting way too Meta in here.
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member

Getting way too Meta in here.

I agree
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Don't delete your page, delete those promoting the crap.

^^^ This is what I do
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member

Far worse to post about wraps. People should stop trying to sell things to friends and using "but you're my friend" to guilt their friends into buying crap.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member

Far worse to post about wraps. People should stop trying to sell things to friends and using "but you're my friend" to guilt their friends into buying crap.

QFT!!

Thankfully, the friends I have that sell it aren't all that pushy about it... they push once and then when I say no, they back off.
  • bulletproofjune
    bulletproofjune Posts: 3 Member
    I recently had to delete people who are trying to shove that crap down my throat. Its so irritating. I also am about to delete two girls who do nothing but hock beachbody products all day and night. The one girl I was actually really good friends with...but now she only talks to me if she wants me to buy something. Cannot deal.