Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Earth Balance Butter Spread? yes/no?

Aross83
Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
Anyone ever use the Earth Balance spread? any good? thinking about trying it out. I am not a vegan but i don't like butter and i don't use dairy except for a little cheese once and a while.

any thoughts?

Replies

• live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    It's delicious! Better than butter or margarine! I don't like that they use palm oil (orangutan deforestation) so I don't use it much but it's better than the cruelty of dairy products.
  • Ladybug1250
    Ladybug1250 Posts: 366 Member
    Ive switched back to butter since I got scared away from margarine or I can't believe it's not butter. So what's with the earth balance, is it natural?
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,010 Member
    We really like it and we're not vegan. Have some in the fridge now.
  • VitaminAmy
    VitaminAmy Posts: 130 Member
    It's great! I don't use very often, melted on popcorn is awesome.
  • Stilllosing26
    Stilllosing26 Posts: 256 Member
    It has the same texture and taste as butter! But it is non dairy, non gmo, and organic :)
  • Stilllosing26
    Stilllosing26 Posts: 256 Member
    Yes! Earth balance is the BEST! I am vegan, and it's my go to source for butter!
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    thanks guys i am going to give it a try. I see they have an olive oil one.. i think i will try that one..
  • Ladybug1250
    Ladybug1250 Posts: 366 Member
    It has the same texture and taste as butter! But it is non dairy, non gmo, and organic :)

WOW I didn't know that. I'm going to check it out too :-)
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Tried it and it is pretty darn good but not really something I would keep in the house because all it is, is oil. Not something healthy at all because oil really shouldn't be in ones diet anyway.... grrr :grumble:
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    It's the best. I prefer it over butter. It tastes just like butter too! I buy the whipped kind :)
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,725 Member
    NO - Cows over science any day of the week!!
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Tried it and it is pretty darn good but not really something I would keep in the house because all it is, is oil. Not something healthy at all because oil really shouldn't be in ones diet anyway.... grrr :grumble:

False.

Healthy fats NEED to be in ones diet. :grumble:
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member

Oh really? And why is that? Do tell.
  • tasharock
    tasharock Posts: 136 Member
    Use it daily.
  • nm212
    nm212 Posts: 570 Member
    I love earth balance! Also, they have a soy-free one, which is great! It tastes delicious!
  • paygep
    paygep Posts: 401 Member
    One of the only good vegan "butters" for baking. But I still prefer the real thing myself, full butter all the way, Paula Deen style.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,122 Member
    You mean "buttery spread" I have wine that you could describe as buttery.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member

False.

True, healthy fats from whole sources like avocados and nuts. Not super concentrated oil and earth balance butter spread is certainly not healthy. Just don't get ya panties in a bunch! I said "oils" not "fats" :laugh:
  • FatFreeFrolicking

False.

True, healthy fats from whole sources like avocados and nuts. Not super concentrated oil and earth balance butter spread is certainly not healthy. Just don't get ya panties in a bunch! I said "oils" not "fats" :laugh:

Oil is fat. So jokes on you :laugh:
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    It's pretty good. We use it because my husband is lactose intolerant. It's my favorite dairy free alternative.