would you recommend Juicy couture velour pants for jogging?

laurendars
laurendars Posts: 2
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
they really are all i own... and dont worry i dont look like this in them
http://upload.ecvv.com/upload/Product/20092/China_Juicy_Couture_Empire_Waist_Hoodie_Tracksuit2009211730114.jpg
but they really are all i have in terms of excerice gear, theyre fairly non descript theyre like the third ones down here
http://www.twenga.com/price-juicy-couture-velour-pants.html
but just that theyre heavy... wouldnt that help me int he cold winter months though?? i hate being cold!! worst time of year to start excercising!!
thanks for advice, im sure you can tell i really am a total noob

Replies

• i'd tell you to work out in jeans if that's all you had to wear.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    If they keep you warm and don't fall down, you should be fine. I am just on week 2 of c25k and I like to wear some tights (you know, the thick, calf length leggings everyone wears) under my jogging pants when I go out.
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    I wear my husband's old stuff to work out in. ANYTHING that stops the chub rub between my thighs works. Don't want the friction to start a fire in my panties :-)
  • digitalyssa
    digitalyssa Posts: 112 Member
    Not unless you'd like to get bed bugs.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    If you're comfy in them and can move then definitely. I wear old sweats or old navy yoga pants. :D
  • anything that you're comfortable in goes....but just remember, dress in layers and once you get going you're going to get hot and work up a sweat-even in the cold winter months.
  • kelzz193
    kelzz193 Posts: 120 Member
    as long as they don't chaif or fall down wear em'! Heck wear your jammies to work out, who cares what you are wearing as long as you are moving! And hey why don't you treat yourself to some different pants when you hit a small goal as incentive?
  • I wear my husband's old stuff to work out in. ANYTHING that stops the chub rub between my thighs works. Don't want the friction to start a fire in my panties :-)

Holy S**t....HAHAHA

I agree! Anything works...just as long as ur moving!
  • I wouldn't but that's me... that material may be too friction-y. Plus you make a "wear pattern" on the pants where anything rubs together repeatedly. Tacky. I would wear some shorts with leggings. Heck you can go to wal-mart and buy "yoga-style" pants for $8. and they would be perfect.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    i'd tell you to work out in jeans if that's all you had to wear.

Thats right! In fact I exercised in my PJ's and slippers for 2 months! I rewarded my weight loss with some workout clothes and athletic shoes. But they don't matter. They just make me feel more fit looking in case I had to go out and exercise in front of other people!
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    I wouldn't but that's me... that material may be too friction-y. Plus you make a "wear pattern" on the pants where anything rubs together repeatedly. Tacky. I would wear some shorts with leggings. Heck you can go to wal-mart and buy "yoga-style" pants for $8. and they would be perfect.

Agreed!!! Those aren't really designed for working out - just hanging out looking cute. I'd find something cheaper that's designed for at least some kind of exercise. If you get more seriously into it, you'll want to look into a fabric that wicks moisture away - they make running tights that do just that! :)
  • plainjoe81
    plainjoe81 Posts: 53 Member
    Why yes, yes I would.
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    What some of the folks have already said- it's best to avoid cotton and other fabrics that "drink" sweat. If you can get something synthetic and wicking you will be warmer in the the long run because you will stay dry longer. Trust me. It is def. worth it.

In the meantime, go with what you have, though. I totally agree the point is to do it, worry about wardrobe later.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    wear whatever you are comfy in, moving is the key. When you can buy some wicking fabric pants and shirts, there are different ones for winter and summer all designed to keep you dry and warm or cool and to help prevent chaffing on any area of the body that may chaffe, upper arms, nips on men etc.

Target has a decent brand Champion and Kohl's best one is FILA. If you wait for kohl's to send out their monthly coupon for $10-15 in the mail you can get the pants, shirts and bras for about $10 a piece, especially if they are on sale which they always seem to be.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    As long as they are not the ones with JUICY written in rhinestones across the @ss! They should be warm enough.
This discussion has been closed.