Do you ever have trouble eating ENOUGH?

Options
This is so strange, but there are days when I have trouble eating my allotted calories.
I'm shooting for 1200 but then on my workout days, it goes up to 1600 sometimes.

Is this totally weird? Anyone else ever have this?

Replies

• BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    nope, sorry - never had a prolem eating!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    nope, sorry - never had a prolem eating!

lol I thought I would be the smartbutt responding this but I see I was beaten to the punch...

and no, I never have problems eating my cals.....I do not eat all of my exercise cals every time though.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    YES! But, I dont eat any of my exercise calories. I have a hard enough time making it to 1200 some days!
  • Uptopargolf
    Options
    I always have a problem eating enough. I eat 1900 calories a day. I also exercise everyday, but I include those calories in that number.

I probably should be eating more, but it is tough for me. I stay high in protein tho, so I don't lose muscle. Once I started looking at food as fuel, and not just something to occupy my time, that is when I started having trouble eating enough. Plus when you eat healthy, you can eat so much more for so many less calories. Makes it more difficult to sometimes eat enough calories in a day.
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I do and I say don't force yourself. But be cautious that you are eating enough because I find that my days when I don't feel like eating are followed by binging days. So listen to your body. It knows what it wants and what it doesn't want.
  • underthebridge09
    Options
    ME! I haven't lately but usually I do. I eat such high protein/low cal stuff sometimes it's hard.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I struggle with lots of stuff but with eating 1200 calories NO PROBLEM! lol! I dont eat all of my exercise cals, usually about half.
  • redhotsmacker
    redhotsmacker Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Yep, today is one of those days....I think it is because I am being picky.

I have to pick out my afternoon snacks still and I can`t really decide on anything because I have to go shopping. I am not going to give into eating crap just because its whats in the cupboard.....

I find that if I can plan my snacks out ahead of time I don`t usually have a problem. Sometimes on days like today though, I will just have a little extra serving of something from my main meals....
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I usually have a hard time getting even 1,000 calories. I finally did it yesterday, it was like 1,028 or something but still under the calories I burned for that day.
  • Uptopargolf
    Options
    ME! I haven't lately but usually I do. I eat such high protein/low cal stuff sometimes it's hard.

Exactly. But it keeps you full for a long time, and is so so healthy.
  • CherieLynn31
    Options
    lol i wish i had that problem
  • Uptopargolf
    Options
    I usually have a hard time getting even 1,000 calories. I finally did it yesterday, it was like 1,028 or something but still under the calories I burned for that day.

You really need to eat more than that, you don't want to go into starvation mode! If you come up short by maybe 200 or 300 calories, you could get away with it. But another under a 1,000 is a serious health concern.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    YES! But, I dont eat any of my exercise calories. I have a hard enough time making it to 1200 some days!

You don't have to eat more to eat more calories, just make different choices.
    Switch one glass of water for a glass of juice
    grab a handful of nuts, seeds, or dehydrated fruit
    switch to a higher % of milk products (skim to 1% milk, no fat yogurt to 2% yogurt etc)
    add olive oil to salads, soups, and sauces
    add a slice of avocado to burgers, sandwiches or salads
  • jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    Options

Exactly. But it keeps you full for a long time, and is so so healthy.

Great words of wisdom!
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    once i started eating my exercise calories, I totally had problems getting it all in.
    I've added fruits to my diet, almonds, peanut butter, avocado, milk.

all healthy fats - high cal goodness.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I used to because I did not eat breakfast. Now, getting my metabolism going at breakfast is KEY! Had to force it a few weeks - now I am hungry - usually an hour or so after waking. Usually, I have a small breakfast before workout and then another small one with lots of protein after the workout. I don't eat all my exercise calories - but do go for minimum 1200. Sometimes I eat up to about 300 of them. Just depends on the day and how hungry I am.
  • Uptopargolf
    Options
    Someone said it above;

It is not about eating more, it just about eating food higher in calories that are still healthy for you. For example, one protein bar I eat is 200 calories. That is a bunch for one bar. On the other hand, 8oz of chicken is only 280 calories.
  • Heidi716
    Heidi716 Posts: 135
    Options
    I do too, but I'm on a strict diet of 5 packaged meals and 1 prepared "Lean and Green" meal, (between 900-1100 calories a day) sometimes on busy days and when I don't feel hungry I end up going to bed and haven't gotten in all my packaged meals. It hasn't affected my weight loss but I was told when I don't get in all my calories and protein in my body will start to lose muscle mass and and that's not good. So if you're on a 1200/day plan and you occasionally eat less, I wouldn't worry too much but make sure you are getting a good amount of protein to ensure that you are losing fat and not muscle!
  • mamayoga
    Options
    THANK YOU! Those eating suggestions are great. Much better than eating a Snickers bar to make up the calorie deficit!

I'm still experimenting with how to keep my metabolism going... it's tricky!
  • kitujainen
    kitujainen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    today i had 2400 calories remaining. If every day was like this I'd be in normal weight in 5weeks!