Hit a Wall

Options
I have hit a wall for weight loss the last couple weeks and need some help on to what to do to break down the wall! I started tracking all my food and exercising with fitbit tracker about 2 months ago and I am down 30 lbs but in the last two weeks I am stuck at the same weight. I feel great and everyone says I look great but still want to loose another 30 lbs. Any advise?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Do you use a food scale and can you open your food diary?

Also, what is your height, weight, age, workout routine and do you have an active or sedentary lifestyle outside of exercise?
  • scottb4444
    scottb4444 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    No food scale - how do I open food diary?

5' 10" - 205lbs - 42 - I do about 15K-20K steps a day walking and jogging - work in an office setting by active
  • Jim_Barteck
    Jim_Barteck Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Question: are you resetting your goals as you lose weight?

For every pound of weight loss, your daily calorie amounts go down by about 5 calories. For 30 pounds, that amounts to about 150 calories per day. If you haven't been resetting your goals as you lose, this could also be an explanation of why your weight loss is slowing down/stopping.
  • scottb4444
    Options
    Thanks for the tip Jim - I just reset my goals
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Jim is right. I think you're supposed to recalculate every 2 kg, whatever that is in pounds; 4.4?
  • scottb4444
    Options
    That changed my calorie intake goal so hopefully that will help!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    For all the talk, there are two ways to lose - eat less and exercise more. You can do either or both. :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Not using a food scale will leave you susceptible to calculation error. In many cases you can underestimate food by as much as 400+ calories. I suspect that you are eating to much. I would suggest doing the TDEE - 20% method (so you aren't eating back exercise calories) as it allows for better consistency and eliminates over estimation of exercise calories.

Based on your stats, i would put you at 2150 calories per day, macros at 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fats. You can do a custom setup through the below link. Also, if you can add any resistance training into your regiment, I would highly recommend it. RT will help with muscle retention, along with the higher levels of protein i suggested. If you don't have equipment, you can start with body resistance training. There are programs like "convict conditioning" and "you are your own gym" that can provide programs.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/my_goals