For those of you having a hard time drinking large amounts o

Options
I have had trouble drinking the amount of water I should be drinking for the day. I had a 20oz bottle at my desk and I would look at it and think, good grief, I have half of this to go before refilling it and starting over again. So today I got a small cup, maybe 12 oz, filled a 64 oz container w/ water and put in the fridge and I find that drinking from a small cup (and one that I can't see thru) is much easier than drinking from the bottle I had. I refill it when it's empty and I've already had more than half of the water I need for today. I work from home so it makes it easy to get up and refill it frequently. Having a smaller container to drink from makes it less overhwhelming to me. :drinker:

Replies

• Fineraziel
    Options
    Good for you. :) However, its completely the opposite for me. I prefer drinking directly to a big bottle (1.5L) and bring it everywhere with me. If I had to fill a glass, I would drink less because I just wont go and fill it right away when its empty. :S
  • saberpa
    Options
    I hate water, went to a spa in Las Vegas and they had cucumber water. It is light and fresh and 0 calories. i have a 32 oz water bottle and put in about 5 slices of cucumber
  • ursula71
    Options
    I love water but...I find when I am at work that I forget to drink it - I compensate when I am at the gym but throughout the day I was not staying hydrated. I brought in a glass from home and drink my water through a straw and for some reason it has made a difference. I am not sure if it is because I am just unconsciously sipping it or what but it seems to have worked for me.

Just a thought...
  • JakeNonne
    JakeNonne Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    This conversation is making me thirsty. :bigsmile:
  • lupuslady
    Options
    Wow I love the idea of cucumber water, I know I would like that. I have to have my water either ice cold or flavored. I get so bored with just plain tap water. The water is the hardest part for me. I really should stop drinking water at 5 pm, I need to watch it so I am not up all night using the bathroom.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,013 Member
    Options
    I too find that drinking from a big bottle is easier, If I am busy I wont get up to go fill it. But keeping the big bottle with me where ever I go seems to help