Just Dance for Wii

superwmn
superwmn Posts: 936
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
This is on my Christmas list and I'm 99.9% sure that my extended family will be getting it for me. I've not played it before and to be sure that I liked it, my husband rented it for me and we tested it out.

OMG...So. Fun.

We did 3 songs together (before my husband got tired). We were laughing and smiling so hard that we didn't CARE that we were sweating like beasts. I had to run and put on sneakers and a sports bra after the 2nd song...

When I was too tired to continue, I was AMAZED to discover that I had danced to 10! SONGS! It didn't FEEL like I was playing for THAT long...

So fun and I can't wait to play it again after Christmas. If I don't get it as a gift, I'm totally buying Just Dance 1 and 2 for myself :)

If you're super competitive and into accurate score keeping, this is not the game for you. I found this aspect of the game was not accurate at all. I KNOW I was nailing the moves the game told me I'd missed, but I didn't care. Having a lower score just made me work harder. That, and it was HILARIOUS to have my husband tell me that, because he won, he's clearly the superior dancer.

I'm adding this to my extensive list of workouts-that-are-so-fun-they-don't-feel-like-workouts.

Charmagne

Replies

• MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    ive borrowed this on a 'short' long term basis..i LOVE it!!
    such a laugh.. need to go on it more often :D
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    ive borrowed this on a 'short' long term basis..i LOVE it!!
    such a laugh.. need to go on it more often :D
  • xxPeppaxx
    xxPeppaxx Posts: 142 Member
    We have Just Dance 2
    Love it and love beating my kids at it more!!!
  • xxPeppaxx
    xxPeppaxx Posts: 142 Member
    oh and you can do the "just sweat" part of it and earn sweat points..set a goal for yourself and do it daily
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    I picked up Just Dance 2 a couple weeks ago. It's seriously sweat inducing and incredibly fun. Though at some point you realize that it can't possibly know what your body is doing, given that you're only holding one wiimote. Of course ... that doesn't stop you from trying you're best! :) The duets are especially fun.
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Thanks for letting us know! Buying the kids a Wii for Christmas and been looking for fun games that we'll all like. We have an XBox 360 so we play DDR and enjoy it. Looks like this will have to be a game to get for the Wii! Super excited! Thanks again! :)
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    I love this game, this was probably the first real exercise I did when I started my weight loss. Now I wanna get Zumba for the Wii since I LOVE actual Zumba class!
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    This is on my Christmas list too and I definitely hope I get it! If I do I'm definitely going to start a Just Dance challenge here on MFP if there isn't one already
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    We have Just Dance 2
    Love it and love beating my kids at it more!!!

LMAO!!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    I will have to check out the sweat points!

One of the features that drew me to the game was that it just uses the one wiimote. I didn't want to mess with storing a dance mat...

Charmagne
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    thanks for sharing. I might have to get the kids just dance for christmas (so I can use it LOL ). What other wii games do you like that give you a decent calorie burn. Of course anything is better than sitting around, heehee
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 494 Member
    MAN...i'm so excited cuz i do luv Wii however I don't own it and I usually only play it at my ma's house. I've been saying I'm gon get one for SO long and now all this Just Dance talk has me tweaking so I'm gon have to be realllllllllly good and keep my fingers crossed i get it for christmas or something...not likely :grumble: but I can be hopeful...LOL I can't wait to join the dance revolution (LOL) with u all!!! keep moving and keep sweatin and most importantly keep bein healthy and shedding weight!!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Just Dance and Just Dance 2 are both amazing. I have them both and love to play them every week - so much fun, and it's a great way to get others involved too. I love dancing in general, so I can dance for an hour or so and it's just a great workout. The shuffle feature is nice on JD2 so you can keep going without any breaks.
  • Craig772
    Craig772 Posts: 100 Member
    For all those parents thinking about Just Dance as a Christmas present for their children - do it!

My 7 and 5 year children absolutely love it. It's also a great rainy day game to have stashed away if you can't get out on push bikes or to the park. Also good if the children are the grumps. The grown ups get it out and start then the children can't help but join in. The grown ups then make a stealthy exit to the kitchen for coffee and world war has been avoided once again :happy:
This discussion has been closed.