Hey!

Options
I'm jessie; I've been overweight all my life. Right now I'm 19 and weigh about 155 pounds.
I've been on plenty of diets and have tried many things to lose weight. my highest weight was 180, about 3 years ago, so I have lost some weight. I just really feel like I'm at a plateau right now and cannot get my willpower back! Someone on xanga told me about this site, so I thought I'd check it out. I've tried using sparkpeople and livestrong before, but I couldn't figure out how to really get connected to the community on there. Maybe this time will be different!

Replies

• Desiree219
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Everyone here is really helpful and it's an awesome resource to use when you're trying to lose weight.
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    I think you'll like it here! It's very similar to Facebook, but healthier and more addictive! Everyone is super-supportive, too. Reach out, make friends - you'll do great! There are also a lot of younger women on here. Not that I'm NOT young :tongue:
  • prettier_me
    prettier_me Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    thank you guys!
    do you have suggestions on how to make friends? the only feature i'm seeing that might help is the blogs, should i just talk on the threads and add people from there?
  • Uptopargolf
    Options
    thank you guys!
    do you have suggestions on how to make friends? the only feature i'm seeing that might help is the blogs, should i just talk on the threads and add people from there?

Talk away, read everything you can. This place is addicting, trust me.
  • MyWishfulShrinking
    Options
    Glad you're here! I promise you'll like it :)
  • Uptopargolf
    Options

MyWishfulShrinking..

that is a great screen name, it doesn't by any chance have anything to do with the song 'cute without the e' by taking back sunday does it? haha
  • Uptopargolf
    Options

MyWishfulShrinking..

that is a great screen name, it doesn't by any chance have anything to do with the song 'cute without the e' by taking back sunday does it? haha
  • Uptopargolf
    Options

MyWishfulShrinking..

• MyWishfulShrinking
    Options
    Nope, I just thought it was catchy :p
  • jessicayoung82
    jessicayoung82 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am new here, and so far I love it. Like mentioned about it is like facebook, so it is easy to use. Since I have started using this website, I have not even logged into Facebook. Would rather spend time here with people who are in the same mind set and activites.
  • prettier_me
    prettier_me Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the replies! the only thing i don't like about the site so far is that i don't know when people have commented on my status, or responded to anything i've written..... like, there's no notifications like on facebook. is there an easy way to figure out when someone's responded to you, on a thread or status or whatever?