Diary of a Compulsive Overeater - Day 31

Options
ellelit
ellelit Posts: 806 Member
hello... so today i am soooooooooooo happy! it seems like nanaimo has been under a cloud of rain and clouds since mid october, and it is finally summer, just in time for the long weekend! it is supposed to get up to 29 degrees celcius today, and stay sunny for the rest of the weekend.

last summer i pretty much lumped. it was not that nice for the weekends in the summer, so i used that as an excuse to hole up in my house and not do anything. my vow this summer is to head down to the harbour (about 1/2 hour walk from my house) and soak up the sunshine any time it is nice this summer. i will take a book, some reading material or even just my ipod and enjoy being alive and being outside. today i have meetings ALL day, seriously, but it should be pretty awesome. we are going for a site visit of the building we are moving in to, so we get to go0 for a nice walk, and then we are going for lunch at a fancy restaurant, which is sooo yummy. after work i am going to the harbour and walking around...i might treat myself to some ice cream, but the point is, i am going to enjoy it, and i am actually looking forward to the weekend! most times i just coast through the weekend and use it as an excuse to eat my face off, but no more.

i pulled out some of my clothes that did not fit me last summer, and tried them on. well some of them actually fit now! i have a lovely white linen skirt that has a large embroidered flower on it. fits perfectly, so i wore it today. put in some matching earrings, pulled out my nice sandals and tried to look cute today. makes me feel good to not just roll out of bed and throw something on...

yesterday went well. i was feeling sick in the evening, and had diarhea (like you care) but i wonder if it is because i have been good with my eating. maybe my body is revolting or something lol. here is how yesterday went:

Breakfast:
1 bacon breakfast bagel on a sesame bagel with 1 strip bacon, 1 egg, little bit of cheese, tomato and homemade mayo
½ big cookie

Snack:
½ big cookie

Lunch:
1.5cups whole wheat pasta with 1.5 italian sausages, 1/4 red pepper and spagetti sauce, little bit of parmesan

Snack:
1 banana
1 small yogurt
22 almonds

Supper:
2 cups of rice
150 g of steak
2 mushrooms
½ can of Mushroom sauce

the supper seemed to work well, an i didn;t even eat all of it, but that could have been because i was sick. i am looking forward to today, even though i know it may not be the best eating day, here is what i have planned:

Breakfast:
1 bacon breakfast bagel on a sesame bagel with 1 strip bacon, 1 egg, little bit of cheese, tomato and homemade mayo
½ big cookie

Snack:
½ big cookie

lunch:
eating out with the girls. going to get something yummy like a grilled chicken wrap or a grilled chicken sandwich, with salad, not fries.

snack:
nothing,but almonds if i am hungry

supper:
1.5cups whole wheat pasta with 1.5 italian sausages, 1/4 red pepper and spagetti sauce, little bit of parmesan (big batch again lol)

snack:
waffle cone with ice cream or maybe frozen yogurt as a healthier choice (may get this, but may not)

i am really happy today. i'm not manic depressive or anything, but i am a firm believer in Seasonal Affective Disorder, especially when you live in a climate rainer than Seattle. lol it defintiely affects your mood :) here is to today!

p.s. my home internet has been the poops, so i may not enter again until tuesday...i'll try, though :)

Replies

• ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    hello... so today i am soooooooooooo happy! it seems like nanaimo has been under a cloud of rain and clouds since mid october, and it is finally summer, just in time for the long weekend! it is supposed to get up to 29 degrees celcius today, and stay sunny for the rest of the weekend.

last summer i pretty much lumped. it was not that nice for the weekends in the summer, so i used that as an excuse to hole up in my house and not do anything. my vow this summer is to head down to the harbour (about 1/2 hour walk from my house) and soak up the sunshine any time it is nice this summer. i will take a book, some reading material or even just my ipod and enjoy being alive and being outside. today i have meetings ALL day, seriously, but it should be pretty awesome. we are going for a site visit of the building we are moving in to, so we get to go0 for a nice walk, and then we are going for lunch at a fancy restaurant, which is sooo yummy. after work i am going to the harbour and walking around...i might treat myself to some ice cream, but the point is, i am going to enjoy it, and i am actually looking forward to the weekend! most times i just coast through the weekend and use it as an excuse to eat my face off, but no more.

i pulled out some of my clothes that did not fit me last summer, and tried them on. well some of them actually fit now! i have a lovely white linen skirt that has a large embroidered flower on it. fits perfectly, so i wore it today. put in some matching earrings, pulled out my nice sandals and tried to look cute today. makes me feel good to not just roll out of bed and throw something on...

yesterday went well. i was feeling sick in the evening, and had diarhea (like you care) but i wonder if it is because i have been good with my eating. maybe my body is revolting or something lol. here is how yesterday went:

Breakfast:
    ½ big cookie

Snack:
    ½ big cookie

Lunch:
    1.5cups whole wheat pasta with 1.5 italian sausages, 1/4 red pepper and spagetti sauce, little bit of parmesan

Snack:
    1 banana
    1 small yogurt
    22 almonds

Supper:
    2 cups of rice
    150 g of steak
    2 mushrooms
    ½ can of Mushroom sauce

the supper seemed to work well, an i didn;t even eat all of it, but that could have been because i was sick. i am looking forward to today, even though i know it may not be the best eating day, here is what i have planned:

Breakfast:
    ½ big cookie

Snack:
    ½ big cookie

lunch:
    eating out with the girls. going to get something yummy like a grilled chicken wrap or a grilled chicken sandwich, with salad, not fries.

snack:
    nothing,but almonds if i am hungry

supper:
    1.5cups whole wheat pasta with 1.5 italian sausages, 1/4 red pepper and spagetti sauce, little bit of parmesan (big batch again lol)

snack:
    waffle cone with ice cream or maybe frozen yogurt as a healthier choice (may get this, but may not)

i am really happy today. i'm not manic depressive or anything, but i am a firm believer in Seasonal Affective Disorder, especially when you live in a climate rainer than Seattle. lol it defintiely affects your mood :) here is to today!

p.s. my home internet has been the poops, so i may not enter again until tuesday...i'll try, though :)
  • FUNinTHEsun
    FUNinTHEsun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    it sounds like you are going to have a wonderful day! where i am we are still in the rain and clouds, i really can't wait for some sunshine. i agree with you about the seasonal affective disorder!

enjoy the beautiful weather!!!!! :glasses:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous, most of my long weekend could be completely ruined, starting tomorrow sounds like rain through til Sunday, well ok, that's just one day of rain, but if your Canadian, you know the long weekends bring out yardsales, and that's just what I wanted to do!! Today's not bad, though it is pretty cloudy, it's not supposed to rain. Hope you have a good weekend!!